Advice please

No 1. Bit too much going on and the cut off limbs are a bit distracting
No 2. Would have been good if could see the keeper. Curious to see what’s happened to him as his head is in a strange position.
No 3 is deffo best out of the set and is sort of picture I aim for.

Hope this helps, but there’s well more experienced and knowledgeable people on here to give feedback ( I only take photos for local non league club and constantly learning)

1 - not a good photo
2 - underexposed, looks a little soft
3 - needs straightening, again underexposed and looks soft, needs a tighter crop but otherwise the best of the bunch

In general, all 3 photos are underexposed and soft. Judging on the motion blur on the swinging limbs, it's almost as if the shutter speed was to low and you were shooting with a very low ISO, with out seeing the settings it's hard to say.

1 - The limbs from the other players here distract from the main focus of the image, however even that is not ideal as the ball is away from the action point (the player attempting to make the block tackle), personally I would have scrapped this one.

2 - I would have looked to have cropped tighter to the player, also watch the horizon as it's not level. Look at the verticals here, the floodlight and the pillars on the stand, they all slope to the right every so slightly but enough to be noticed.

3 - Needs a tighter crop, especially as the foreground at the bottom of the image is distracting, again horizon's are not level. It's a good action shot, shame it's out of focus though.

In general, all 3 photos are underexposed and soft. Judging on the motion blur on the swinging limbs, it's almost as if the shutter speed was to low and you were shooting with a very low ISO, with out seeing the settings it's hard to say.

1 - The limbs from the other players here distract from the main focus of the image, however even that is not ideal as the ball is away from the action point (the player attempting to make the block tackle), personally I would have scrapped this one.

2 - I would have looked to have cropped tighter to the player, also watch the horizon as it's not level. Look at the verticals here, the floodlight and the pillars on the stand, they all slope to the right every so slightly but enough to be noticed.

3 - Needs a tighter crop, especially as the foreground at the bottom of the image is distracting, again horizon's are not level. It's a good action shot, shame it's out of focus though.
Hi, only after this game did I realise my 70-200 was actually faulty-the ultra sonic motor wasn't working and I had to send the lens away for repair-since the repair, images have been razor sharp.
Lens worked, but obviously not to full capacity with a broken usm.

Back