affinity photo

I’ve found the tutorials on Vimeo to be extremely good.

George.

you can buy their own book from their website. there are also some tutorials on youtube. I have AP and so far i'm really pleased with it.

I tried Affinity Publisher in beta a month or two ago, and it was definitely a work in progress but very promising. Just not ripe enough to be fully functional for my needs at the time.

I suspect that Affinity Photo, being ahead of Publisher in Serif's app release road-map, should be maturing nicely as we speak and will continue to do so.

It possibly needs expanded raw handling capabilty to take market share, out there in the current jungle.

£200 from amazon !!!!!
Some chancer always tries it on when a book goes out of print these days. It should be back in stock before Christmas on the Affinity site for £38 (probably sold out in the Black Friday sale when it was 30% off).

Their own workbook was on sale during Black Friday for about £23. I bought a copy but haven’t used it yet. It’s been on sale at that price before. There are tutorials on YouTube too I think.

Their own workbook was on sale during Black Friday for about £23. I bought a copy but haven’t used it yet. It’s been on sale at that price before. There are tutorials on YouTube too I think.

I got my book (and the software) on the same sale at a good price, although the book is yet to arrive as it was out of stock. Fortunately (or unfortunately I suppose) i'm just too busy at the moment to get out and take any images, let alone PP any!

I must have been lucky getting one in stock, but haven't had time to devote to it yet - other than reading the first bit during breakfast :) I was annoyed I didn't buy it the first time round, so I didn't hesitate this time.

I'm not very impressed by the Affinity Workbook.
I never seem to be able to find the subject I'm looking for and the index is very sparse.
I wanted to know about "borders" and that subject does not even appear in the index.
In the end I worked it out for myself, but I've found some of the tutorials on "YouTube" to be more useful than the Workbook.
There is also an active Affinity forum, which can be useful.

PS. When I got my "Workbook" I ordered it from Serif (Affinity) but it was actually despatched from Amazon.

Last edited:
On you tube I found two very good tutorial series, ''InAffinity'' and ''Hubert van den Borre''. Plenty of advice and I can say I learned alot from them.

Just got an email today my workbook is for delivery tomorrow

Got my email yesterday, so hopefully it will be here before Christmas.

They have a 20% off sale for the next few days only. I ordered my workbook today at £30 plus £3 delivery. Checked on Ama$on and there's nothing cheaper except some kindle books. I do find the videos useful, but I also like to read stuff, and be able to check back and forth in an actual book....

My book arrived on NYE, I'm impressed with it so far.

On you tube I found two very good tutorial series, ''InAffinity'' and ''Hubert van den Borre''. Plenty of advice and I can say I learned alot from them.
Thank you for posting those links.
I haven't had time to look at them all, but in my opinion, they appear to be a lot more practical than the "Affinity Photo Workbook" and I learned something from the very first one I viewed.
Although it's often useful to be able to refer to a book as you are working, there's nothing like seeing things "hands on" plus you can always rewind and go over something again, if things are not clear.

Thank you for posting those links.
I haven't had time to look at them all, but in my opinion, they appear to be a lot more practical than the "Affinity Photo Workbook" and I learned something from the very first one I viewed.
Although it's often useful to be able to refer to a book as you are working, there's nothing like seeing things "hands on" plus you can always rewind and go over something again, if things are not clear.

Although I have the book which is very useful, I personally have found the tutorials on “Vimeo” for computer and the “Udemy” (course) for iPad to be of more use. And of course the “Affinity Forum” is very useful. There are also lots of very useful how to do things on “You Tube”.(y)

George.

Back