Affinity Photo

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Just recently downloaded Affinity Photo on my iMac but I'm missing a couple of features from PS that I'm thinking must be there somewhere.

1. Ability to view size of the file - dimensions and file size.
  2. 'Save As' that allows changing the dimensions and file size to e.g. save as a suitable size for uploading to TP.
Any pointers appreciated :)

Just recently downloaded Affinity Photo on my iMac but I'm missing a couple of features from PS that I'm thinking must be there somewhere.

1. Ability to view size of the file - dimensions and file size.
  2. 'Save As' that allows changing the dimensions and file size to e.g. save as a suitable size for uploading to TP.
Any pointers appreciated :)

Rather than using 'Save As' you need to go >file>Export, which will give you a pop up box where you can choose the size and quality etc (and file type). And, the size and mp count details should be at the top left of the image, along with a little bit of EXIF data - you need to go to View>Show Context Toolbar to enable this feature

Sometimes the Export file sizes are huge, (e.g. jpgs for web use are many megabytes) in my experience this is because the ICC profile needs changing. It’s a pain, and I now always check the file size before saving, and often have to go back and change the ICC profile.

Sometimes the Export file sizes are huge, (e.g. jpgs for web use are many megabytes) in my experience this is because the ICC profile needs changing. It’s a pain, and I now always check the file size before saving, and often have to go back and change the ICC profile.
If you reduce image quality 'only' with 5% it might even half the size of your image.

I wondered why they were so big,where do you change ICC please

I wondered why they were so big,where do you change ICC please
Hi,

There are two options under the Document menu, near the top, Convert and Assign ICC profile.

"Heads Up"

New update out for "Affinity Photo" 1.9.3 for Mac I guess also for Windows.

Back