Affinity, problem with small icons

TG.

Name
Tel
Edit My Images
No
After owning Affinity for a few years, without actually really using it, I decided to give it a serious go, as I really want to cut the Adobe cord, anyway after a quick play, I have realised the icons seem to be very small compared to Photoshop, I have tried enlarging them in the preferences, but quite honestly I can't see any difference in the size of the tools in the toolbar down the left hand size, in Photoshop there is a very noticeable difference, but in Affinity they look exactly the same, I have changed sizes, shut down the program and reopened, but still the same, so has anyone got any ideas, am I missing something here ?

What are you using affinity on.....I seem to recall a problem a few tears back with photoshop displaying small icons when run on a Microsoft surface.....?
On a windows 10 PC with a 27in monitor, Photoshop icons are fine, Affinity are only one size, even when I change in preferences from smallest to largest, they don't seem to change.

Surprised nobody else has not noticed this

Affinity UI scaling seems to be entirely dependent on Windows 10's overall scaling (Display Settings -> Scale and layout). So if anything, I have the opposite problem - because I have scaling turned up quite high, the Affinity UI elements are larger than I would like (larger than on PS CS6 with the same scaling). Have you tried playing with your central Windows scaling settings, or would this muck up other things for you?

ap.jpg
ps.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TG.
Affinity UI scaling seems to be entirely dependent on Windows 10's overall scaling (Display Settings -> Scale and layout). So if anything, I have the opposite problem - because I have scaling turned up quite high, the Affinity UI elements are larger than I would like (larger than on PS CS6 with the same scaling). Have you tried playing with your central Windows scaling settings, or would this muck up other things for you?

View attachment 317787
View attachment 317788

Thanks for the heads up, that never occurred to me, I will definitely take a look at it

Back