Affinity

John,

It worked well. I had a sticky moment when I wasn't sure what my PC user-name was but otherwise....plain sailing.

I'm most graterful for your help. I'd never have found that myself.
Great news :)

It was definately £9.99 thismorning,they sentme an email .hmm 48 hour offer.i guess i musthave read it and linked not long before it changed again,sorry
Edit,
Maybe i was mistaken,i bought it for £9.99 a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Jumping in on this thread, does Affinity accept plug-ins like the Nik collection and Topaz?

Hi all would I need 2 license to run affinity on my laptop and main PC?

would I need 2 license to run affinity on my laptop and main PC?

I am using the same licence on all my four
machines without any problem.

Hi All, Just a heads up in case some of you didn't know. There's an updated “Computer Version” of "Affinity" ready now to download version 1.6.4. Free update for existing users.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Well I`ve just downloaded it, and gonna give it a go. How much of a learning curve is it away from PS? I`ve always hated LR, But used PS for years. But with the new updates and stuff shifted about I figured now might be the time to have a swap around ;)

How much of a learning curve is it away from PS?

Not much if you are already familiar with…
  1. pixel editing
  2. layers of all applications
  3. the current vocabulary and functions
it is only a matter then to go for the layout to the interface!

Not much if you are already familiar with…
  1. pixel editing
  2. layers of all applications
  3. the current vocabulary and functions
it is only a matter then to go for the layout to the interface!

Im just kinda feeling my way around it right now, and watching the tutorials (which seem to be in an older version). But looking good so far. The raw processing gets my graphics card fans whirring though, whereas ADR never did lol

The raw processing…

For the time in its infancy, I would not loose time on that
as it is most impractical and not the right approach to RAW
conversion. AF is a pixel editor and not a dedicated, proper
RAW converter.

For the time in its infancy, I would not loose time on that
as it is most impractical and not the right approach to RAW
conversion. AF is a pixel editor and not a dedicated, proper
RAW converter.

I only do minimal raw work and the majority, i`ve been doing in PS. Not forgetting I`m only a hobbyist, what would you recommend for raw then?

I only do minimal raw work and the majority, i`ve been doing in PS. Not forgetting I`m only a hobbyist, what would you recommend for raw then?

Skylum luminar is something you could try too. I’ve a code where u can get 10% off if you wishes

Is it a real, viable alternative to PS then?

My purpose is photography not full blown imagery; so for
me and the tasks, it is.

A colleague that is an imagery artist is working as graphist
for a publisher and he says that he loves the interface, the
quality it produces, the new or fresh approach to many tools
BUT he's been with PS since v. 4 and the speed he has to
work at is slowed down because of too many long time ac-
queried habits.

I`m only a hobbyist, what would you recommend for raw then?

At this point, of all and everything I tried so far brought
me to C1. It does all I want and need, the way I want and
better than any other solution. But that's just me.

C1 is the most capable dedicated converter at this point in
time for me. It supports my workflow at the highest speed,
flexibility and quality for publication.

My purpose is photography not full blown imagery; so for
me and the tasks, it is.

A colleague that is an imagery artist is working as graphist
for a publisher and he says that he loves the interface, the
quality it produces, the new or fresh approach to many tools
BUT he's been with PS since v. 4 and the speed he has to
work at is slowed down because of too many long time ac-
queried habits.

Ahhh. So I don't actually currently use PS, just been using LR but I am needing some of the PS style features now (photography) - so based on that, sounds like you would say it is good enough (y)

Skylum luminar is something you could try too. I’ve a code where u can get 10% off if you wishes

I`ll have a ponder on that one, thanks K (y) I`m also fiddling with DXO 11 which I got for free.

based on that, sounds like you would say it is good enough

Yes, and since you don't have the " too many long time ac-
queried habits", you will have a good time! :cool: … like me.

After all the hassle I had last year actually finding it on my PC it has disappeared again.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Looks like i may to go through all that palaver again and I haven't even used it yet!
Don't understand this.
Is the desktop shortcut disappearing, or does it just not launch the program?

Ahhh. So I don't actually currently use PS, just been using LR but I am needing some of the PS style features now (photography) - so based on that, sounds like you would say it is good enough (y)

It has been very well reviewed but whatever you do, don't buy it from the Microsoft store.

Don't understand this.
Is the desktop shortcut disappearing, or does it just not launch the program?

The shortcut has disappeared, and it does not show in any list of apps/programs. According to Serif support it's probably the result of a Windows update. Oh, and there's nothing that THEY can do about it. I'm doing a search of my PC at the mo' and we will see what happens then.

Last edited:
I just installed the nik plugins, and they all seem to work :)

It has been very well reviewed but whatever you do, don't buy it from the Microsoft store.

The shortcut has disappeared, and it does not show in any list of apps/programs. According to Serif support it's probably the result of a Windows update. Oh, and there's nothing that THEY can do about it. I'm doing a search of my PC at the mo' and we will see what happens then.

Thanks, I’ll be getting it on Mac anyway

No joy at all. I have searched for AffinityPhoto and Photo.exe ; both bring up results as if it is there somewhere but I can't open the software. I can create a shortcut but it doesn't do anything.

Edit: ....but I can access it from "Photo>edit in" in Lightroom!:runaway:

Last edited:
I just found it a bit complicated

I`ll have a ponder on that one, thanks K (y) I`m also fiddling with DXO 11 which I got for free.
I got luminar for Windows, works well, seems easy enough but I will say you will need a good punch of ram memory for it to work smoothly, I have 32 GB so for me it's not a problem. You can't lose out on a 2 week free trial, try it and watch some tutorials also.

I got luminar for Windows, works well, seems easy enough but I will say you will need a good punch of ram memory for it to work smoothly, I have 32 GB so for me it's not a problem. You can't lose out on a 2 week free trial, try it and watch some tutorials also.

Their DAM is suppose be coming soon apparently

You realise that the executable program file is NOT called "Affinty" and is actually named "Photo.exe" ?

Which edition of Windows are you running?
I've had several W7 updates since I've been using Affinity, and none have affected the operation of the program.

Last edited:
Back