Afghan Dogs Portrait Session — + New added Pictures

Kodiak Qc

Suspended / Banned
Name
French Canadian living in Europe since 1989!
Edit My Images
Yes

These dogs are possibly among the most handsome fellows
of all breeds but surely among the worst models I've got for
a shoot… They were two uncontrollable individuals that must
be kept in fenced areas at all time…

Troublesome but very handsome!

B2564%202Dp.jpg

B2681%202Dpp.jpg

Last edited:
Nice gate (y)

Last edited:
Agreed Daniel. What great subjects. Gaz

Thanks for the non venomous reply, Gary,
positive or negative. :)

… got those too…

B2578%202Dp.jpg

B2672%202Dp.jpg

Again they make for great subjects don't they. The flow in the first is great and so majestic in the last. Looks like hard work in the bright sun. Would be great to get some flash/strobe shots of this dog with a plain background. Granted not natural like these but the texure of that long coat would look amazing.

Gaz

Love #1 they look so right in front of the glass doors of that impressive portal ... pity about the reflection of the human in the glass.

Again they make for great subjects don't they. The flow in the first is great and so majestic in the last. Looks like hard work in the bright sun. Would be great to get some flash/strobe shots of this dog with a plain background. Granted not natural like these but the texure of that long coat would look amazing.

All good points, Gary, but after seeing these two and their
mistress I decided not to have them in my studio! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::wacky:

pity about the reflection of the human in the glass.

Thanks Roger

They were so uncontrollable that she
had to be there, close, all the time! :(

Directing her a little to either side would have fixed it. :)

No chance… to have her off the glass meant to
make her invisible to the dogs… behind the bush.

I control my tool brush better! :D

You and your camera are not visible so it must have been possible to conceal her reflection but keep line of sight to the dogs. :)

I got almost impossible shots so i'Il
be glad to use the brush! :cool:

WE owned several Afghan Hounds for over 40 years, even bred -raced(for fun only) - judged- and did advertising work via an agent.

re9gexU.jpg

Our first Afghan hounds in 1973

one of only three white ones at the time ( not photo taken by me)

ZHohPbz.jpg

Last edited:
Fabulous shots Kodiak, I noticed the lady in the first but thought straight away if she wasn't there, neither would the dogs, great shot.

thought straight away if she wasn't there, neither would the dogs, great shot.

Exactly… and I will need far less nerves using the tool
brush than trying to make the point with them dogs! :cool:

Don't care what anyone says, anyone taking photos of our favourite breed are ok with me.. So thumbs up Kodack for showing magnificant dogs.

. Just if anyone is interested they were sight hounds but used in a way that is unusual. In Afghanistan they were trained to follow hawks that followed the game while the owners went on horseback. Not hunt the game directly as one would have thought. Margaret Niblock (now no longer with us) a great friend of ours spent time out there and managed to bring into England Afghan hounds, even though the natives were not willing to part with them. One of the first people to do so. The only breed Queen Victoria asked to see was an Afghan hound at the Palace Oh I could go on for ages about the plains type and the mountain type , same breed but in different parts of Afghanistan.
Sue and i did get fairly well known in the Afghan fraturnity and still in touch with a lot of them

Yes 40 years of owning the breed and only our age now means we can't groom them as they should be groomed,
But do i love them? definately, would have another like a shot if our old age permitted

Last edited:
Just if anyone is interested

That was not very opportune, Bazza, as I wanted to go to
bed but now you made me curious… not very opportune! :mad:

Sorry about that. There is a definive book by Margaret Niblock called the afghan hound. Dear Margaret signed Sues copy and gave it to her (first edition). She was of the old school, vast amount of knowledge but you had to prise it out of her. When we visited her place , she had and old girls room and an old boys room for her elderly Afghan,s and matresses etc outside for the youngest to sunbathe one. She actually had the sire of our fist dog (see above) called Kanabad White Warrior , pet name Pasha . bit of a long story but whe she saw our baby she said "OOH a baby Pasha" and we kept the name. there is a long story all about how we came by this puppy but too long to tell on here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Afghan-Hound-Definitive-study/dp/0903264382

http://afghanhoundtimes.com/niblock.htm

Son of our pasha called Muffin ( Kabella Ice Cream at Pashkym) doing a clairol commerclal for tv etc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR_XIC1FiFU

Last edited:
Back