african wildlife

Sorry guys im still a beginner.would apreciate any comments especially and helpful advice.dont worry i have no problem with criticism i need it at this stage i guess if i wanto get better

Hi Lisa,

Please be patient… people are working or have life
outside the forum and are not always online. :cool:

Hi Lisa

Not sure about the processing as the lioness looks out of focus and the tree stump is more like the primary subject. With such magnificent big cats B&W treatment does not always work.

Also, there is some odd vertical striations in the upper mid area......................sensor banding??

I wonder if you could post the colour version so that I/we can see your starting point to produce what you have posted above?

Thanks box brownie.yes now that you mention it ive seen it too that the lioness is out of focus.i had edited the images on camera and just croped it as my lens is quite short.i really need to get a better one.was told the nikkor 200-500mm would be good for wildlife.i will upload the coloured version tomorrow.i dont know why im always drawn to b/w i need to change that i do it to almost all my shots.about the strange thing happening in the middle i think it could be because i had to take the photo from the tv when i connected my camera.will try to get a laptop soon.thank you for your reply

I am sorry too if i offended anyone with my post.thats not what i intended.i did not mean to be pushy.

because i had to take the photo from the tv when i connected my camera.
:thinking: :bat:

As Daniel has said, you need to wait more than 4 minutes before prompting for feedback (y)

BB has said it all though, the lion is soft, and the banding is a shocker - you would be 100% be better off posting an edit from the camera rather than a photo of a TV, and ask for C&C.

To add a positive spin on this, the angle is great, composition looks nice and the sleepy lion is a great pose.

I would however, save yourself some justice on your images and post up when you get a chance to download them properly (y)

Ok thanks will do that.i guess i was just too eager to get some feedback:D so posted them anyhow.but i get your point.since its all about quality it was silly of me to post them this was.thanks for the advice

Back