After years in the wilderness, I'm firing the shutter again!

Any idea whatthe concrete pillar used to be part of? Seems like an odd thing to be sat next to a very flat bit of water.

Any idea whatthe concrete pillar used to be part of? Seems like an odd thing to be sat next to a very flat bit of water.
No idea what it supported. There are some small deep ponds that are the result of the quarrying process. The place is not exactly stellar either photographically or as a nature reserve but it is good for a quiet albeit muddy stroll.

yes no 2 is the eye catcher
your first lacks some contrast
cheers
geof

No 1 needs a bit of oomph.
No 2: I'm partial to a bit of rust. Probably because of my love of old British motorbikes and Italian cars.

Had the same problems , with health issues 3 years in the wilderness, Just stating to get going again. This was one of my first shots back.
This is now the end of the Bridgewater canal.View attachment 35274

Last edited:
Had the same problems , with health issues 3 years in the wilderness, Just stating to get going again. This was one of my first shots back.

I know that as I grew up paddling on the Bridgewater Canal.

Used to have great fun going through the tunnel at Preston Brook

some attention needed to awb...its a bit warmish

Donna
Love the water wheel detail, nice and love the rust.

After nearly 4 years out. A bit warmish and under that street lighting, is certainly a result for me.

do we wait another 4 years...you can ride a bike???

Sorry Geof, Not got a clue of what you are talking about. RIDING A BIKE?

Sorry Geof, Not got a clue of what you are talking about. RIDING A BIKE?

I think he means, you never forget how to ride a bike, with his comment.

I think he means, you never forget how to ride a bike, with his comment.

yes i was being a bit silly...i meant we neednt wait a bit till you get your eye back etc on the wb subject
i dont always agree with an authors presentation...but i am never right all the time..:D
apologies
geof

Apologies accepted. Regarding the AWB. I was faced with two different types of light.
There was white light from the Runcorn/Widnes Bridge, express way and orange light from the old town light behind me.
My only option was AWB.

Apologies accepted. Regarding the AWB. I was faced with two different types of light.
There was white light from the Runcorn/Widnes Bridge, express way and orange light from the old town light behind me.
My only option was AWB.
you can still pp the tonality if it is to warm in colour temperature control

Back