Airbus A330-743L Beluga XL

Make the most of it, they're probably quite historically significant photos (along with them being cracking shots in their own right); according to the news today its future in our skies is looking about as secure and long-lasting as that of the Nimrod AEW3! Still, I suppose there's no harm in aviation chasing rainbows. ;)

Last edited:
Great shots, very ugly aircraft, though not designed for its please aesthetics!

Make the most of it, they're probably quite historically significant photos (along with them being cracking shots in their own right); according to the news today its future in our skies is looking about as secure and long-lasting as that of the Nimrod AEW3! Still, I suppose there's no harm in aviation chasing rainbows. ;)

What was the news item that could effect the Beluga operations at CEG? Agree they're great shots!

GC

What was the news item that could effect the Beluga operations at CEG? Agree they're great shots!

GC
I thought they'd made the XL to help build the Airbus 380, which has just been axed, raising questions about the future of jobs in the UK, post Brexit?

Last edited:
I thought they'd made the XL to help build the Airbus 380, which has just been axed, raising questions about the future of jobs in the UK, post Brexit?

The A380 wing sets are too big for either the current A300 variant or the new XL, they are taken down the Dee by barge to the Port of Mostyn then by ship. The XL will take a higher load factor of narrow body wing sets plus A350 sets. Notwithstanding this, it is bad news regarding the end of A380 production.

As an aside, the shipping out of Mostyn can be risky, this one grounded in 2013!

8439310020_bbc2633da5_b.jpg

GC

The A380 wing sets are too big for either the current A300 variant or the new XL, they are taken down the Dee by barge to the Port of Mostyn then by ship. The XL will take a higher load factor of narrow body wing sets plus A350 sets. Notwithstanding this, it is bad news regarding the end of A380 production.

As an aside, the shipping out of Mostyn can be risky, this one grounded in 2013!

8439310020_bbc2633da5_b.jpg

GC

Probably wont be seen to much as A380 production is ending.

Really good shots and interesting too. The second one made me chuckle,t looks a huge bird looking down at you..lol

Back