Aircraft burning rubber!

Edit My Images
Yes
I was in Amsterdam yesterday and tried my hand at some aircraft shots. It is quite surprising how close you can get (legally) to the runways. Following shots have been cropped a little bit to cut out some of the clutter. (I am aware of the sensor dust BTW).

The sun was high and harsh so in terms of good lighting they are pretty poor I think. I will dig out some more later and put them up.
C&C welcome.

1. All in a flap. (737 trying to stop!)

All-in-a-flap.jpg

2. KLM 747-400 burning rubber.

klm747.jpg

3. KLM 737 just lifting in front of the tower.

klm737.jpg

4. Icelandair just going into reverse thrust.

iceair.jpg

I love number 3 - the composition and sense of movement and weight (for some reason) make it a winner for me! Nice capture (y)

John

Number 3 for me, thay look a little over exsposed? harsh sun?

The sun was a nightmare. Very high and very bright. I used spot metering to try and get a good exposure. Matrix was just awful. Very tricky I found - but a good laugh trying.

I was in Amsterdam yesterday and tried my hand at some aircraft shots. It is quite surprising how close you can get (legally) to the runways.

I thought exactly the same when I went last year. Was quite surprising for me. (That and the 10 minute taxi back to the airport from the runway a far way away :p)

Great shots Bob. They don't look overexposed to me..more.......flat?
Harsh sunlight can be a nightmare.

I thought exactly the same when I went last year. Was quite surprising for me. (That and the 10 minute taxi back to the airport from the runway a far way away :p)

Great shots Bob. They don't look overexposed to me..more.......flat?
Harsh sunlight can be a nightmare.

I know they just don't pop out - the sky was really bland and the sun was burning through - nightmare.:shake:

I would love to have hung around until the light was changing in the evening but I had to get my flight back - and pay 70 euros for a chip to the windscreen of my hire car!! (£1.99 return airfare and hit with that!!!:thumbsdown: )

How bizarre my brother has taken a day trip to Amsterdam airport today to take some pics. I was supposed to be going too but couldnt get a cheap seat in time..:(

How bizarre my brother has taken a day trip to Amsterdam airport today to take some pics. I was supposed to be going too but couldnt get a cheap seat in time..:(

Make sure he posts some of them up for all of us (y)

Hmm, am I going crazy or something? They look underexposed and lacking in contrast to me :thinking:

Anyway, I checked your profile to see if you're ok with people editing your pics, and so you are.. I have nothing better to do so tried a quick edit.. im not all that good with Photoshop..

editingiq1.jpg

Me too!
All-in-a-flap.jpg

They certainly have more impact when "worked over"!
The power showing in Lift-off in No 3 is my favourite.

Back