Airport

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
No
I had ten minutes to spare when collecting my parents at Edinburgh Airport today, thought I would try out my EF 100-400mm. First time I have photographed planes, it was good fun.

legacy.jpg

scotairways.jpg

globespan.jpg

british-airways.jpg

Edinburgh is not a bad place to get good aero piccs at..... Nice colourful images.

hmmm i know someone that works for scotair, that reminds me i must drop him a mail ! lol

Nice shots, remember for prop shots, try a slower shutter, so you get prop blur, otherwise it looks like its going to crash ! ;)

hmmm i know someone that works for scotair, that reminds me i must drop him a mail ! lol

Nice shots, remember for prop shots, try a slower shutter, so you get prop blur, otherwise it looks like its going to crash ! ;)

LOL, was just about to post something similar.. the prop shot looks weird frozen like that, but rest of the pics are very nice.

Prop shots like that are great .... if you're into Airfix kits.... :LOL:

How slow a shutter speed do you need to blur the prop?

Depends on how fast the prop is going and how many blades.... sounds silly I know but it does make a difference.

Something like this, around 1/160 will easily achieve a blurred result, but a WWII bird just before landing 1/125 is too fast.... as for a Tiger Moth :shrug: :LOL:

.... as for a Tiger Moth :shrug: :LOL:

I once landed one of thse backwards into a stiff breeze! Don't know who was more surprised - me or the fella in the back seat who was supposed to be in charge!

Nice images but can't help but wonder if pointing a long lens at aircraft near an airport is a good idea ;)

Back