Airsoft

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all.

I took these photos the other night. Ian was trying out this camouflage gear he had recently purchased. I amnot into this sort of thing but it was great to take the photos. I bought some of these smoke grenades along to have a play around with and see if we could get any images.

All/any comments/feedback is welcomed.

Gaz
IMG_2469_Ian_16x9.jpg

IMG_2406_Ian_16x9.jpg

IMG_2433_Ian.jpg

IMG_2411_Ian.jpg

IMG_240_Ian.jpg

There are a few more on my flickr. If it is your type of thing.

Last edited:
I like #1, the light has given a nice triangle effect. I would remove the small purple light from the left hand side of his face.
For me #2 works better that #4 and #5. It just has a better look and feel. :)
Having said all of that, if I'd taken them, I'd be happy :)

I like #3, by the time your eyes focus on the subject (due to camo) you get the feeling like it's already too late..

Love the first two shots!
Thanks Ben
Having said all of that, if I'd taken them, I'd be happy
Thanks Dominic :)
you get the feeling like it's already too late..
Never thought of it like that but as I read your reply it felt spot on.
Thanks for stopping by.
These are a lot of fun.
Thanks they were very fun to shoot. All a bit chaotic as you don't get long with the smoke.
Great images, really like #1, looks like the cover of a computer game!
Thanks. Yes I too thought it had that type of feel to it.

Gaz

Wonderful set of images. Number 1 would be my favourite.

Perhaps strangely, I don't like the last one, probably because I can see the eye and it doesn't seem to fit in well with the others.

Wonderful set of images. Number 1 would be my favourite.
Thanks John. I liked that one too.

Perhaps strangely, I don't like the last one, probably because I can see the eye and it doesn't seem to fit in well with the others.
It's good to know what people see and feel when viewing an image :)

Gaz

Great creative use of light and smoke.
No 1 is my favourite, the composition, the position of the light and the smoke are great. No 4 is also strong, the different colours in the smoke work well.

Hi Simon. Thanks for stopping by.

you can perfectly see someone in camouflage, a peculiar contradiction.
Funny you should say that as whilst driving home all excited after the chaos of running around in smoke. I had a little thought along those very lines. Especially in the ones like image number 3. We took quite a few in and around bushes/trees and it just passed me by that in most photos I should have been taking wider views rather than close ups.

Gaz

Back