Wild Alert Brown Hare

Have you got a bit more at the base Paul?? I think it needs it to be honest tis a bit tight A really cool frame......... winter perhaps, is it now,i'm not getting there much at the moment The hare seems fluffy:D, Great detail

stu

Thanks for looking Guys and especially those who left a kind comment, always appreciated.

Stu, I can't recall the amount of space at the bottom, I will have to check Lightroom to check the crop if any, but I take your point, thanks

Paul

Hi Stu,

Here is an alternative with a tad more room around the Hare, I have a whole sequence of these as it jogged up towards me, eventually spotted me and stopped to watch me, didn't seem alarmed as it sat for a while and eventually turned and jogged away.

Some say Hares can't see what is directly in front of them well at all.

68a by Paul Elliott, on Flickr

Paul

I agree they can't see directly in front,but it's closer (the blind spot) than many actually realise. Their nose has to render a narrow angle completely blind at the front same with back of head,but their pupils are wide ranging and overlap, I believe, to give 360 vision at range. As sat fella is using periphery,of vision Fella is stopped thinking, is aware of you but not worried, fella is seeing with it's ears:D. It's a concept we can barely grasp ,but to him I'd lay a bet that's what's going on. You aren't moving much but making noises,the hare is simply using the best tool to assess you. ,Did you move and get a head turn?? It's what I'd sort of expect. :)

The run,( the lower grasses trodden by the hares) now frames the feet Paul,for me it's a much better image.that also draws someone like me to your subject ...it's essentally a lead in line I suppose. ??

They only fear us because we hunt them,.if they can't quite make out what we are,or are simply not ever bothered by us,they are curious souls. This aspect is deeply fascinating,. It's of NO benefit to them..............."just run away" is a really good idea,when confronted with an apex predator.;)

But if a hare doesn't fear what we present, they tend to come over for a look see. A rabbit wouldn't do this leastways to the same extent Paul,, it's a really strange.It's part of why I love them so much, .:rolleyes:

I'll see my self out:LOL:

stu

Back