Answered Alerts not linking to the latest post in Safari

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

When I am clicking on new alerts, instead of the link taking me to the liked, for new post, it takes me to a random place on the thread, usually on the correct page, m but not the correct post. It seems to work ok on Chrome though. Is this a bug between the forum software and Safari? I am running version 13.1 (15609.1.20.111.8)
Can I add, this is on my laptop only and works fine on my phone.

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm getting the same issue on Opers.

Could you screenshot your alerts please? Preferably hover over the link in the alert. I need to be able to compare what the alert says and where it's linking to, to where the click actually takes you.
I've just checked my latest alert and it took me to the correct post.

Is it just like alerts or all kinds of alerts?

Could you screenshot your alerts please? Preferably hover over the link in the alert. I need to be able to compare what the alert says and where it's linking to, to where the click actually takes you.

Hi.
I’ll check tomorrow when I’m at my laptop. Thanks.

This one worked - frequently it takes me to a post maybe 3 above.
I'll screenshot next time it happens.

This is really odd, it has been playing up for over a week, and now it seems to be working ok... I'll keep an eye on it and report back if it starts doing it again.

It has started doing it again tonight, when you say hoover ob=ver the Albert, what is that supposed to show? I don't get anything that I can see. I can try and send you what the link is supposed to go to, and the post it actually takes me to if that helps?

It depends on the browser you're using. Im using Brave and if you hover over a link, where it will take you pops up at the bottom left like this :

1591642992718.png

Thats what I need to check, what it's linking you to and what it's taking you to.

It depends on the browser you're using. Im using Brave and if you hover over a link, where it will take you pops up at the bottom left like this :

View attachment 282281

Thats what I need to check, what it's linking you to and what it's taking you to.

With Safari I don't get anything like that.

Strange, it takes me to 769 which is the correct post in that thread for ID 8723686.
Any ignored users perhaps? (Just thinking outside the box).​

Not in that thread I don't think, don't worry about it, I can work around it by using Chrome. :)

I've now started seeing this anomaly in opera Windows 7.
It usually takes me to 3 or 4 ( sometimes more) posts above the linked one.
I'll try Fire fox for a bit and see what happens there.
@Marcel

Last edited:
its just the virus thread that seems to have errr caught a cold...

Might that be due to a certain amount of gardening that's been needed in there?

I have a feeling that *could* be it. That thread has nearly 10,000 replies. Is it a common factor in this issues?

I know vBulletin used to have an issue when threads got to a certain size. I just assumed that it wouldn't be a problem with xF.
However, we've never had a thread hit 10,000 replies before.

I'll close that thread and sort a new one out. Give me 5 minutes

It is still happening for me on Safari, Chrome seems fine. There is certainly some sort of bug.

I think THIS thread has a few over the 10,000 replies too. Quite picture heavy as well. Does tend to drop me in the middle of a page rather than at the earliest unread post in the thread though.

I'm wondering, could having posts removed have an effect on such a large thread. The fact the alerts are taking everyone to the right thread, just the wrong post

I'm not sure if any tweaking has taken place but for the last couple of days all the "links" have been bang on target.

W7 FF and Opera

Back