Alien growth

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
It started around here a week or so ago, nourished by the frequent splashing of water from the roadside springs that pour out over the carriageways, driven by passing vehicles. Every nearby piece of vegetation has become covered and encased in an other-worldy substance, it hangs with long, fragile fingers from branches and twigs. The thickness of this translucent material has been building by the day.

Alien growth 1 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

Alien growth 2 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

Alien growth 3 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

Alien growth 4 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

Alien growth 5 by Anton Ertl, on Flickr

The road this where I shot these is quite steep, and it was hard to stand upright and take photos on the sheet ice. C&C welcome.

Another good set, where the contrast works well to define the profile of the icicles and makes them stand out in the composition.
They appear more dramatic in this style, then to possibly 'bleed' into a milky grey backdrop which standard metering may offer.
First and last for me.

I like these, the first two in particular with their combination of straight and curved icicles. Also like the contrasty processing.

Another good set, where the contrast works well to define the profile of the icicles and makes them stand out in the composition.
They appear more dramatic in this style, then to possibly 'bleed' into a milky grey backdrop which standard metering may offer.
First and last for me.

Thank you very much John and Paul.

Back