Alien Worlds

Very nice Neil, the second in particular appeals to me, though expert blending on both as we expect from you, of course.

Can I ask did you use multiple exposures on the skies, or do you have a secret way of drawing that much light out of a single image. Either way I think I will still feel inadequate ;)

lovely shots

Very nice Neil, the second in particular appeals to me, though expert blending on both as we expect from you, of course.

Can I ask did you use multiple exposures on the skies, or do you have a secret way of drawing that much light out of a single image. Either way I think I will still feel inadequate ;)

Two cracking shots well impressed

Lovely shots, especially the 2nd one.
Thanks All

Sky was 4 images stacked in each image then blended, gets rid of the ugly noise!

Is that all?
2 shots in a whole week end?

No enough for my
pleasure, I want more… please? :cool:

Thanks mate, thats what I had hoped you would say, dont feel mine are quite so bad now, LOL.
It's easy to do over the sea with a flat horizon, makes a huge difference to the final image! I purchased Mikko Lagerstedt's PDF tutorial last year, was worth every penny, IMO no one can touch him for starscapes / skyscapes.

It's easy to do over the sea with a flat horizon, makes a huge difference to the final image! I purchased Mikko Lagerstedt's PDF tutorial last year, was worth every penny, IMO no one can touch him for starscapes / skyscapes.

Yes, out to sea does make life a lot easier. Tried it up at Kennick Reservoir last year and the trees were a right pain, never again :)

Cheers for the info, will look into that, might come in handy. Though I dont often blend images, for starscapes and tracking the International Space Station flyovers, it's pretty much essential.

Sky was 4 images stacked in each image then blended, gets rid of the ugly noise!

Averaging out the random noise by stacking a few shots works wonders doesn't it mate. Are you on Mac or PC though? I have done it manually in PS with smart objects and changing the blending mode, but I understand there is some good astro software available, but I have struggled to find any for the Mac - any ideas?

I love the shots, they are super and the second is probably my favourite. Only thing I wondered is if on the sky layer you considered darkening it off with a gradient coming up from the horizon, (then brushed that adjustment away again locally on the MW) so that the dark horizon line on the sea was less obvious? May make the image feel more seamless perhaps...

Great shots love the detail in them
Thanks Carl

Averaging out the random noise by stacking a few shots works wonders doesn't it mate. Are you on Mac or PC though? I have done it manually in PS with smart objects and changing the blending mode, but I understand there is some good astro software available, but I have struggled to find any for the Mac - any ideas?

I love the shots, they are super and the second is probably my favourite. Only thing I wondered is if on the sky layer you considered darkening it off with a gradient coming up from the horizon, (then brushed that adjustment away again locally on the MW) so that the dark horizon line on the sea was less obvious? May make the image feel more seamless perhaps...
I do the same as you Craig, doesn't seem to be anything available without paying on a mac.

Regards the horizons I've actually lightened the area above the sea as feel that works better. IMO the horizon is always the part which is hardest to blend and look right, I looked at a lot of Mikko Lagerstedt's work as reference and felt this way def worked best.

Excellent work, very nice indeed (y)

Back