All Aflutter

Edit My Images
No
Purple-throated Woodstar

37253549562_2465e0f249_b.jpg

Without a doubt one of the best shots you've posted here. Pin sharp where it matters, and a great blur on the wings demonstrating how they hover. Lovely background complements the bird as well.

Mike

Lovely bird

whilst I will be accused, by the usual throng, of being totally negative and ultra, ultra critical ........ I'd think about cloning out that white spot below the birds tail ... not sure what it is, but it catches the, (my) eye

Ok will do. Thanks I overlooked that.

37430771195_21dc3dd6df_b.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't that the natural light tip of its tail feather?

could be .... but IMHO it is not connected to the tail feathers .. they do separate, and can be semi-translucent at the ends (in fact you can see this on both the original and edited images), ... but I do not think that is so in this image

or it could be a "bit of fluff" hanging off the ends ....... it depends how you want to look at the image, your choice

Last edited:
could be .... but IMHO it is not connected to the tail feathers .. they do separate, (in fact you can see this on both the original and edited images), and can be semi-translucent at the ends ... but I do not think that is so in this image

or it could be a "bit of fluff" hanging off the ends ....... it depends how you want to look at the image

Just looking at other images of the same species shows a white end to the tail feather e.g. http://www.naturephoto-cz.com/fullsize/mraz/purple-throated-woodstar-98x_14b324.jpg

Last edited:
Well the verdict is no white tail tip so must have been fluff. No flash was on camera.

presumably you set the shot up with a feeder(s) etc., .......... camera on a tripod with a remote release ....... just wondering how you "lit" the shot ........ was it all natural light?

obviously "whites" are tricky

Last edited:
Excellent shot. They're amazing birds

Lovely bird

whilst I will be accused, by the usual throng, of being totally negative and ultra, ultra critical ........ I'd think about cloning out that white spot below the birds tail ... not sure what it is, but it catches the, (my) eye

Spot on, Bill. Whatever it's source the eye goes to it and I'd clone it out too.The ammended image without it looks much better.

Actually it was a natural light photo at 1/1000 and the camera was hand held. Yes there are feeders they come to.

Back