All Hallows' Evening | Photographer vs Hill

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
No
30416906760_416c111267_b.jpg

by Geoff Moore, on Flickr

This was a very impromptu and dare i say exhausting hike (for me) up North Hill on the Malvern Hills Worcestershire. I was overdressed, under-prepared and totally underestimated the climb, however, after several short breaks (near cardiac arrests), cursing the double helping of dinner only 30 mins prior, saw myself and my friend Jay and his dog Keiko enjoy stunning views of fog covered towns and villages for miles around. Almost apocalyptic in lighting, from the Sodium street lights that still line the roads in Malvern this is one of my favorite shots from last night.

Notes to self: Loose weight

Excellent, well done indeed (y)

I hope you're going to do the same thing on bonfire night :rolleyes:

I went and had a look at it on flikr and it looks even better than here, the lights to the right that seem to be stuck spreading out under the mist really are apocalyptic, lots of detail in some of the buildings as well, really like it.

Very interesting and 'different' -- from WHERE did the light come to illuminate the foreground grasses ?

The lighting here is really spectacular.

Would you mind if I used this image for a creative writing stimulus for my English students?

I did English Grammar and English Literature at 'O' Level at East Ham Grammar School 1955 -- would you like to use any of MY snaps ? !!!!

OK Teacher ! Ha Ha !!

Good effort for both photography and hill climbing, do they still have the gas lamps in Malvern?

I thought I recognised the spot! Lovely image!

Tijuana,Taxi, yes we do - they have just all had an overhaul to make them more efficient.

Back