Allan.H 52 2020 WEEK 52 DECOR(ATE) added

That is really pretty - simple and understated - and quite lovely.

Hi Allan,

I can't believe I haven't commented on your images so far! My sincere apologies.

Your local shot is great in mono. I think I would like to see the shot with the fence post slightly more to the left so I could see bit more of the path maybe?
Holly is a wonderful portrait. Super sharp on the eyes. Lovely.
Wild is great. Excellent choice of shutter speed to freeze the action of the detritus.
Winter is a cracking shot along with Book and Flora. All very nicely processed.
Time is a good pair of shots. Well photographed and beautiful restoration work too.
Your high key shot is superb! Spot on for the technique and a very nice shot to boot.

I look forward to more of your work :clap:

This is a lovely shot.. very clean and crisp and beautifully lit. Really suits high key.

Hi Allan,

I can't believe I haven't commented on your images so far! My sincere apologies.

Your local shot is great in mono. I think I would like to see the shot with the fence post slightly more to the left so I could see bit more of the path maybe?
Holly is a wonderful portrait. Super sharp on the eyes. Lovely.
Wild is great. Excellent choice of shutter speed to freeze the action of the detritus.
Winter is a cracking shot along with Book and Flora. All very nicely processed.
Time is a good pair of shots. Well photographed and beautiful restoration work too.
Your high key shot is superb! Spot on for the technique and a very nice shot to boot.

I look forward to more of your work :clap:
Thanks

Time
Blimey, they've cleaned up well. I like that you've put the two shots side by side.

Snappers choice
Good choice for the technique. I like the shadow and the odd daisy sticking out on the left.

Time
Blimey, they've cleaned up well. I like that you've put the two shots side by side.

Snappers choice
Good choice for the technique. I like the shadow and the odd daisy sticking out on the left.
Thanks

A good composition Allan and I like the way you held the detail in the daisies and still acheived a high key look.

Very clean high key shot! At first glance I thought there was too much foreground, but I'm getting to like it!

WEEK 16 INITIAL

Woody by Allan Howe, on Flickr

A is for ars*hole, this fella in particular.
On our daily walks we tend to go to the same places as usually there is no one about so he can have a good run,
we pass through this field which has recently been ploughed and planted with potatoes.
Surrounding the fields are ditches which are full of water his favourite thing at the moment is going for a paddle in the dirty smelly water and then running down the trenches and rolling in the soil.
I love him to bits but he's an idiot.

:LOL:
Nice shoe horn Allan

It could almost be selective colouring !!! Not our Allan though :)
Interesting counterposition of the energy and movement of your dog and the stillness and order of the furrows.
There is no need for selective colouring or indeed sepia in this world :puke:
thanks for looking in :)

That really is a lovely pic Allan. Beautifully framed and processed. Great story too and reminds me a lot of the spaniel I had many years ago who used to do the same.

Thank you very much for this image of Woody and the write Allan, it really did bring a smile to my face when I saw it and laughed when reading too. Love it and thanks again (y)
No problem Dave, do you want me to send him to you will give him a quick hose down If that will help persuade you

Why do they love doing that... stagnant water must be especially tasty! Great capture. If only we could be so easily amused :)

Why do they love doing that... stagnant water must be especially tasty! Great capture. If only we could be so easily amused :)
he's always happy to paddle in dirty water but try and get him in the bath.
thanks for looking in

Back