Allan.H 52 2020 WEEK 52 DECOR(ATE) added

Abstract - an oil leak is not usually a good thing, but worked well for you - nice colours!

Showcase - I'd not heard of a Beluga aircraft, but I can see it is aptly named. It must have been scarily close - I like the colour palette, the field and hedge leading you through it and the moody sky - makes it more interesting than against a plain blue sky to me.
Show case is good, looks like you were pretty close.
Thanks

I have been rubbish with comments this year and it seems I have completely missed your thread. I am not going to try and comment on a whole years photos just my favorites of the ones I can still view.
Holly and your "wild" squirrel are both lovely shots ab your flora shot is stunning.
Your snappers choice daisies looks simple and is very effective I really like it and I love the liquid daisy shot too.
The detail in the small robin shot is great poor thing looks like he has been in a fight and the same goes tor your tiny shot.
The lighting on the snappers choice sunflower makes a beautiful shot.
The roller is very colourful and I love your digital manipulation of the elephants.
The leaves look real I too wondered how you had done it before I read your description, a topical and very poignant image

I have been rubbish with comments this year and it seems I have completely missed your thread. I am not going to try and comment on a whole years photos just my favorites of the ones I can still view.
Holly and your "wild" squirrel are both lovely shots ab your flora shot is stunning.
Your snappers choice daisies looks simple and is very effective I really like it and I love the liquid daisy shot too.
The detail in the small robin shot is great poor thing looks like he has been in a fight and the same goes tor your tiny shot.
The lighting on the snappers choice sunflower makes a beautiful shot.
The roller is very colourful and I love your digital manipulation of the elephants.
The leaves look real I too wondered how you had done it before I read your description, a topical and very poignant image
Thank you

Intriguing xmas lights thingie - tell us more!

Lovely colours and plenty of interest there. Good job to get to the end and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Wow! This does look terrific on Flickr. A nice finish Allan. I've enjoyed looking at your pics throughout the year.

Given the figures at the bottom, and the apparent height... Some kind of Cathedral perhaps?
The lights themselves aer cool, but I especially like the way they have lit the figures at the bottom.

That's a cracking finish to your 52 Allan (y)

Intriguing xmas lights thingie - tell us more!

Discover a magnificent art installation by Peter Walker, designed as a stunning visual interpretation of the Star of Bethlehem at Chester Cathedral during our Christmas Tree Festival.
The installation, ‘Starry Starry Night’ depicts a constellation of stars that are individually suspended from hundreds of gold and silver ribbons, creating a beautiful and moving installation within the crossing of the Cathedral.
Starry Starry Night symbolises the night sky with the one star, the star of Bethlehem, suspended in the centre of the installation as a symbol of hope and light for all to see. Beautifully and gently lit, Starry Starry Night is at the centre of the Cathedral during our Christmas Tree Festival. The central star is between hundreds of other creating a constellation of much smaller starts around it
“At the end of a dark and difficult year, ‘Starry Starry Night’ is designed to allow us to recall the journey of the Magi, and the hope that was found in the stars to lead them on their journey. At this time, in this year, the symbolism of the star of hope, a star of wonder is ever more powerful. I hope that people will enjoy their Christmas journey through the Cathedral and take a moment to stand and wonder”.
Peter Walker

Lovely colours and plenty of interest there. Good job to get to the end and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Thank you

Given the figures at the bottom, and the apparent height... Some kind of Cathedral perhaps?
The lights themselves aer cool, but I especially like the way they have lit the figures at the bottom.

See explanation somewhere above,
Thanks for looking in.

That's a cracking finish to your 52 Allan (y)

Thank you

Thanks for telling us more. It looks like an amazing installation, and you’ve captured it perfectly. And here was I just thinking of photographing baubles [emoji16]

That's an amazing piece of art and very nicely captured. A good end to the year and well done for getting there.

Back