Allan.H 52 for 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKE AND FINISHED

Object and wet both great images Allan but the snow drop in its simplicity is so nice. I showed this to the wife and she said it’s one for a gallery ! Nice

Object: lovely snowdrop image. Like the composition and colour tones. Agree with others re the blemish under the snowdrop.

Wet: stunning image of a simple umbrella. Great use Of the rule of thirds, makes the image really stand out. Good detail in the rain drops and brolly material.

Object and wet both great images Allan but the snow drop in its simplicity is so nice. I showed this to the wife and she said it’s one for a gallery ! Nice

Thats very kind of her to say, thanks for looking in
Object: lovely snowdrop image. Like the composition and colour tones. Agree with others re the blemish under the snowdrop.

Wet: stunning image of a simple umbrella. Great use Of the rule of thirds, makes the image really stand out. Good detail in the rain drops and brolly material.
Cracking shot for Wet. Composition, tonality and the vignette all combines to make a really eye catching image.

Thanks

Love that brolly image. Superbly done, amazing detail

Hi Allan

Catching up on comments

Distance, on theme, good B&W tones, plenty of nice details, I like the sky.

Cold, Well on theme, I like the subtle colours and the details are sharp.

Waiting, well on theme, dogs are good at waiting, lovely portrait.

Rough, every thing is so dead on theme. love the textures everywhere.

Object, less is more works for this image. Nice processing.

Wet, very good exposure on this shot. Nice take on the theme.

Pete

I do enjoy visiting your thread for each new theme, Allan, as it's usually a top notch idea and image - and this is no exception! An original idea that hits the 'simple but effective' mark yet again, well composed and especially well processed in B&W with an effective vignette :clap:

Thats very nice of you to say Andrea

Hi Allan

Catching up on comments

Distance, on theme, good B&W tones, plenty of nice details, I like the sky.

Cold, Well on theme, I like the subtle colours and the details are sharp.

Waiting, well on theme, dogs are good at waiting, lovely portrait.

Rough, every thing is so dead on theme. love the textures everywhere.

Object, less is more works for this image. Nice processing.

Wet, very good exposure on this shot. Nice take on the theme.

Pete

Thanks for the catch up Pete

WEEK 10 FREE (SOOC)

Queens Park Bridge by Allan Howe, on Flickr
Taken on a Fuji x100f shot in jpeg which is something I never do but as I have only had the camera for a few days thought I would try the Acros setting, so its SOOC

I think the shadows could do with a slight lift and the highlights could do with pulling back a bit but otherwise quite impressed with it

Queens Park Bridge by Allan Howe, on Flickr
This is another view of the same bridge, jpeg SOOC but I rotated this slightly in PS so I suppose it doesn't count

Last edited:
Like the bridge, good light for a SOOC.

Perfect exposure with the clouds being nice and white and the shadows nice and dark. The shadows of the trees and the people going about their day add more interest to keep you looking. And of course the bridge disappearing into the distance behind the tree too. Great image.

Nice mono shot and very good for SooC. I agree re your own comments re the highlights and shadows but the camera has done well with such a massive dynamic range in the scene.

Perfect exposure with the clouds being nice and white and the shadows nice and dark. The shadows of the trees and the people going about their day add more interest to keep you looking. And of course the bridge disappearing into the distance behind the tree too. Great image.

Thanks

Nice mono shot and very good for SooC. I agree re your own comments re the highlights and shadows but the camera has done well with such a massive dynamic range in the scene.

Thank you

I really like the first one. It's weird seeing all the people in it just as silhouettes. Make it a tad spooky

Although I do like the shot - it's a good illustration as to why we edit photos. In order to retain the sky the rest is undereexposed. Of course an ND grad would be the traditional way to solve the problem but a slight shove on the shadow/highligh filter is all that's needed.

Free week
I'm not too sure I can pick between the two, both are very good for sooc. The first photo, does show 'life' (if you know what i mean), a kind of historical shot (not a record shot).

Although I do like the shot - it's a good illustration as to why we edit photos. In order to retain the sky the rest is undereexposed. Of course an ND grad would be the traditional way to solve the problem but a slight shove on the shadow/highligh filter is all that's needed.
I agree I don’t see the point in a SOOC technique I would never use an unprocessed picture normally
Free week
I'm not too sure I can pick between the two, both are very good for sooc. The first photo, does show 'life' (if you know what i mean), a kind of historical shot (not a record shot).
Thanks

Both images are superb Allan!
I couldn't really choose between the two to be honest, both have so much going for them.
I love the way the silhouettes of the people are framed by the trees on the slope, very effective.
The symmetry on #2 is marvellous.
Great work Allan!(y)

Both images are superb Allan!
I couldn't really choose between the two to be honest, both have so much going for them.
I love the way the silhouettes of the people are framed by the trees on the slope, very effective.
The symmetry on #2 is marvellous.
Great work Allan!(y)
Thank you

Cracking pair of mono images. 2nd shot for me as less busy. If you had a filter I'd be tempted to try with a long exposure to blue the water.

Wet - Nice and simple image love the processing and composition very nicely done.

Free - 2 great images there Allan really like No 2.

Entrance is a nice image Allan, might of been better to crop down though.
I see your point Dave but I wanted to include some of the building and particularly the two signs which I have no idea what they mean.

I like the simplicity of the Entrance image, very nicely done

I do like a door - and here we have two nice ones :)

Free: Two very good images. I prefer the first plenty of detail and tones. Lots to keep the viewer interested. Those clouds really pop.

Entrance: well composed image with some nice colours.

Back