Allan.H 52 for 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKE AND FINISHED

Firstly, welcome back Allan!(y)

Secondly....blimey Allan!!
Those two images are stunning!
NEW is great...beautifully lit, love the dark mood, the background and composition is perfect.
CLEAN is simply amazing!
Great textures in the wood and the shells, and glint of light on the bar of Pears soap at the back is inspired!
Truly excellent images!(y)

I really like both shots but, for me, the Clean image is a tiny bit dark, that's not to say they aren't stunning compositions and very well taken.

Firstly, welcome back Allan!(y)

Secondly....blimey Allan!!
Those two images are stunning!
NEW is great...beautifully lit, love the dark mood, the background and composition is perfect.
CLEAN is simply amazing!
Great textures in the wood and the shells, and glint of light on the bar of Pears soap at the back is inspired!
Truly excellent images!(y)
Thanks Gareth

What a great couple of images. Love the detail in the first one and the background works very well with it's texture.

The second is just wonderful. Lovely colours and loads to look at - very nicely done there

Good to have you back, Allan. Your shots are always above most others.

NEW is a cracking composition, minimal and very simple. The tall portrait format suits the subject perfectly. The lights are good and you've captured plenty of details and textures of the branch.

CLEAN is also another cracking still life image. I don't mind the slightly darker processing and the translucent light in the soap just makes the shot. :clap:

Two very well taken images Allan, really do like the Clean shot. Beautifully laid out and taken with the lighting bang on and the wood tones textures making the image really stand out.

Thanks Dave

What a great couple of images. Love the detail in the first one and the background works very well with it's texture.

The second is just wonderful. Lovely colours and loads to look at - very nicely done there

Thank you

Good to have you back, Allan. Your shots are always above most others.

NEW is a cracking composition, minimal and very simple. The tall portrait format suits the subject perfectly. The lights are good and you've captured plenty of details and textures of the branch.

CLEAN is also another cracking still life image. I don't mind the slightly darker processing and the translucent light in the soap just makes the shot. :clap:

Thanks Stan the light on the soap was a small torch shining through a hole in the piece of driftwood

Welcome back, Allan :)

Two super images to start your new 52; both beautifully lit and arranged as usual, and full of interest and textures. I really, really like the little spot of light showing through the translucent soap bar :clap:

Thanks Andrea

Clean feels like it could almost be a painting, love the feel of it and it's not to dark for me. Very classy image.

Thank you Steve

As ever Allan, fantastic images. Clean is my favourite of the two, I think because there is more to look at and also the lighting on the Pears soap - the way it seems to glow/shine.

Took a while to get the light in the right place it’s a small led torch
Thanks Tim

Wow Allan, those are two fabulous images for starters, I like the fact that you’ve not used a solid black for the background on new.
Clean ....love the lighting on the soap and the composition, I agree with Steve, it’s a classy image.

Thanks Susie, that’s me “classy”

Two great images Allan, partly why I have re started this years 52 to learn and aspire to take great shots like yours. The second is excellent, light, composure !

Two super well composed and lit images.
Liking the composition of the second image and was originally going to say that I thought it needed to be a little lighter but when I looked at it again for longer realised I like it as it is.

Two great images Allan, partly why I have re started this years 52 to learn and aspire to take great shots like yours. The second is excellent, light, composure !

Thank you that’s very nice of you to say

Two super well composed and lit images.
Liking the composition of the second image and was originally going to say that I thought it needed to be a little lighter but when I looked at it again for longer realised I like it as it is.

Thanks for looking in

Clean - I like very much, nice composition with all the bits a pieces and the lighting is lovely :D

two great images I particularly like the clean shot I like the way the soap seems to glow

New
Good job, nice light and that bud just opening really works well.

Clean
Another good one, again the light is great, especially the light area on the bar of soap.

Beautifully done. Great colour and sharpness

As Tim says, you have a real gift for bringing out the beauty of these ubiquitous blooms!!
Superb detail, and expertly lit, those petals really glow.
Wonderful image Allan!(y)
Thank you Gareth

Blimey they're early! Nicely isolated!

Back