Allan.H 52 for 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKE AND FINISHED

Smooth: I really like this shot, love the low key lighting and the composition really suits. Theme ... nailed.

Young - brilliant. What a great find that is

Food - nice image. Pin sharp and good colours. Only thing spoiling it is the cream should be on the bottom :)

Smooth - oh yes! Nice and smooth. A lovely image, nicely staged, great shadows.

Young - brilliant. What a great find that is

Food - nice image. Pin sharp and good colours. Only thing spoiling it is the cream should be on the bottom :)

Smooth - oh yes! Nice and smooth. A lovely image, nicely staged, great shadows.
I will ignore the cream comment as deep down you know you are wrong :) but thanks anyway for the nice comments

Beautiful low-key image Allan!(y)
Cannot fault it....lighting is superb and the composition is marvellous!
I love the warm tones of the wood bowl....excellent!
'Grape'-tastic work!
Thanks Gareth

Hi Allan

Young, I have done that but on a tree a very very long time ago ( I do not know any Chantelles). Nice use of focus and oof background

Food, Nice capture of the scones, I don't care which way roung it goes. Crop is a bit tight. Colours are good and work well together.

Smooth, An excellant Image, lovely reflections on the smooth surfaces, I like the dark moody colouring.

Pete

another vote for a square crop here, but its really nicely lit and very moody. i love moody photos and this one is great.

Thanks

Hi Allan

Young, I have done that but on a tree a very very long time ago ( I do not know any Chantelles). Nice use of focus and oof background

Food, Nice capture of the scones, I don't care which way roung it goes. Crop is a bit tight. Colours are good and work well together.

Smooth, An excellant Image, lovely reflections on the smooth surfaces, I like the dark moody colouring.

Pete

Thanks

An unusual art form but nice cars. Are they newspaper the cars sat on? Sorry, Alan but I can't link the theme 'Above' to your image!
Thanks for looking in as for the theme a slight push maybe, but the red car is above the blue car, I didn’t think it was that hard to see I could be wrong, and yes they are sitting on top of newspapers.

Reactions: rpn
Hey Allan,

Young - Chuckle, gotta love that kind of thing really. And better than carving it into your desk with a penknife (probably get arrested these days). Good find, nicely caught.

Food - Another typically Allan excellently put together and executed shot. Love it, it simply works and oozes photographic craftsmanship.

Smooth - What can you say? Another one nailed. Loving how you used the subtle pool of light to ensure that there is no floaty feel to the shot, even though some of it fades into the deep black of the background.

Above - Cool shot and nice use of a couple of Triumphs (The TR6 is my fav of the two).

Hey Allan,

Young - Chuckle, gotta love that kind of thing really. And better than carving it into your desk with a penknife (probably get arrested these days). Good find, nicely caught.

Food - Another typically Allan excellently put together and executed shot. Love it, it simply works and oozes photographic craftsmanship.

Smooth - What can you say? Another one nailed. Loving how you used the subtle pool of light to ensure that there is no floaty feel to the shot, even though some of it fades into the deep black of the background.

Above - Cool shot and nice use of a couple of Triumphs (The TR6 is my fav of the two).
Thanks for the catch up Tim

Nice shot for above Allan. Excellent depth and bright colours that really pop. The 'above' element works for me too. Interesting set up with the cars on newspapers.

FOOD - sublime work. Totally nailed it, as mentioned. Great work.
ABOVE - An unusual shot, but an unusual piece of art. The angle you have chosen works well. The cars are sitting on top of the magazines (so above) but I am not sure what the artist's message is, if there is one….. beauty has to be seen not written about?

FOOD - sublime work. Totally nailed it, as mentioned. Great work.
ABOVE - An unusual shot, but an unusual piece of art. The angle you have chosen works well. The cars are sitting on top of the magazines (so above) but I am not sure what the artist's message is, if there is one….. beauty has to be seen not written about?
Thanks there is more info in the link I provided

Great image Allan!(y)
Not sure I understand the concept of the original artwork (had a quick look at the link you provided), I guess his 'thing' is working with newsprint - but it's certainly striking, and you've captured it perfectly!
The colours of the two cars are great together, and the composition you chose works well.
I do love that Stag though....they sound sublime!!

Great image Allan!(y)
Not sure I understand the concept of the original artwork (had a quick look at the link you provided), I guess his 'thing' is working with newsprint - but it's certainly striking, and you've captured it perfectly!
The colours of the two cars are great together, and the composition you chose works well.
I do love that Stag though....they sound sublime!!
Thanks for looking Gareth, I’m not sure I understand it either

Above
I like the pov you've chosen, good colours too. I'm struggling to understand the art itself, but it works out nicely for the theme.

Big catch up on comments

Cold - different and very cold
Waiting - waiting to be let out, or for someone special to come home? either way I like it.
Rough - lovely textures in that.
Object - lovely snowdrop that background suits it.
Wet - good framing, and certainly looks very wet.
Free - 2 good shots I like the 1st one more
Entrance - two in one, and lots of character.
Food - Yummy looks good enough too eat, and the blue sets it off.
Smooth - I like the darkness of it.
Above - unusual art work but I like the view point and it works for the theme to me.

Above - what a weird piece of art. I sometimes wonder if it's me when I don't 'get' modern art. Nicely captured

Big catch up on comments

Cold - different and very cold
Waiting - waiting to be let out, or for someone special to come home? either way I like it.
Rough - lovely textures in that.
Object - lovely snowdrop that background suits it.
Wet - good framing, and certainly looks very wet.
Free - 2 good shots I like the 1st one more
Entrance - two in one, and lots of character.
Food - Yummy looks good enough too eat, and the blue sets it off.
Smooth - I like the darkness of it.
Above - unusual art work but I like the view point and it works for the theme to me.
Above - what a weird piece of art. I sometimes wonder if it's me when I don't 'get' modern art. Nicely captured
Thank you both

Hi All ...I just looked back and its ages since I commented ...apologies for that, must try harder.

Well spotted for YOUNG, that's definitely something a bit different and perfect for the theme.
FOOD that one definitely caught my eye, scones, jam and cream, and they're home made too, one of my favourite treats. Good choice of background colour too ,it really sets them off well.
SMOOTH low key lighting, I love this one, its simple but effective, perfect placing to the left of the frame too.
ABOVE Well after visiting the Saatchi last week, yours looks very normal :) I must admit I do like the placement on all the brochures, that must have take such a long time to set up. In fact the more I look at it the more I like it. (Thanks for the info on the artist)

Hi All ...I just looked back and its ages since I commented ...apologies for that, must try harder.

Well spotted for YOUNG, that's definitely something a bit different and perfect for the theme.
FOOD that one definitely caught my eye, scones, jam and cream, and they're home made too, one of my favourite treats. Good choice of background colour too ,it really sets them off well.
SMOOTH low key lighting, I love this one, its simple but effective, perfect placing to the left of the frame too.
ABOVE Well after visiting the Saatchi last week, yours looks very normal :) I must admit I do like the placement on all the brochures, that must have take such a long time to set up. In fact the more I look at it the more I like it. (Thanks for the info on the artist)
Thanks for the. catch up Susie

Oh aye - Chillitastic :)

Quality picture for hot . Colours, Theme. Like the offset too. Well done

Back