Allan.H 52 for 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKE AND FINISHED

Building is a great shot, it looks great in B&W too :)

Hi Allan,

• Finally gotten to your thread being one of the three above my post...
  • Building - Looking at the image I'm sitting here wondering if the lad on the bench has an ice cream or is sitting there dejectedly. The building is a bit of a dichotomy between the tatty (old) roof and the seemingly immaculate signage.
  • Empty - The contrast in size between the bench and cathedral is what makes this for me. Mono suits it.
  • Plastic - Yes... Very Stephen King. And the processing suits the appearance you're after.
  • Interior - I do like the use of back lighting to silhouette the objects on the table that aren't transparent, contrasting with the lit transparent objects.
  • Life - Not really my thing, but well timed to get both of the methane producers looking at you. Hopefully they didn't subsequently charge at you.
  • Free Week - As always, your shots like this always rock.
  • Closed - As others have already said, the contrast between open and closed it what makes the imagery of this shot.
  • Dirty - Clever doing the colour pop with a background that could naturally be dark grey, making the pop feel more natural.
  • Quite a hard hitting sculpture...
  • When did you come over to the dark side? I thought you were a canon shooter.
  • Drink - Great imagery, very nicely thought out and composed .
  • Full - As ever. Excellently thought out, composed and executed.
Thanks for the catch up, to answer the dark side question in March I purchased a X100F wanted something easy to carry around very impressed with it and have been giving some thought to a second hand XT2 but still thinking about it.

Thanks for the catch up, to answer the dark side question in March I purchased a X100F wanted something easy to carry around very impressed with it and have been giving some thought to a second hand XT2 but still thinking about it.
The weight thing was my driver to the XT2 back in early '18, my Canons only ever come out now when I need a lens I don't have (longer fls). I've not got a Fringer yet. The XT2 is a solid little camera and still gets a fair bit of use alongside my XT3 to save having to change lenses mid shoot.
I think you would enjoy one.

Building
An impressive looking ice-cream parlour. The little child in the background adds a little bit too the shot.

Great mono processing and as others have mentioned, the child adds a nice little story to it.(y)
I like the framing with the bridge in the background....really has a nice period feel to it!
Isn't this the same location (different vantage of course) to your week 10 Free (SOOC) image?
I thought that bridge looked familiar!;)

Nice bit of Chester for building :)

Great mono processing and as others have mentioned, the child adds a nice little story to it.(y)
I like the framing with the bridge in the background....really has a nice period feel to it!
Isn't this the same location (different vantage of course) to your week 10 Free (SOOC) image?
I thought that bridge looked familiar!;)

Well spotted it is indeed the same location, thanks for looking in.

Hi Allan, the old building is a nice shot, is it from the great Victorian era ? These old buildings need to be preserved and maintained and used. Shame a lot are left to go to ruin

Hi Allan, the old building is a nice shot, is it from the great Victorian era ? These old buildings need to be preserved and maintained and used. Shame a lot are left to go to ruin
Not really sure on the date of them (there are three of them) thanks for looking in.
Black and white works well. Nice composition and the child on the bench is a good addition to the the scene.
Thanks

That's a great picture, I like the composition and clean colours

Lovely soft flaaaar :)

SOFT is superb, just enough petal colour to see but not too much to be the usual shot. :)

Lovely old camera - does it still work?

Lovely old camera - does it still work?
Everything still seems to work but not ran a film through it yet, can’t establish wether it’s 116 or hopefully 120 there are different views online as for pocket camera you would need big pockets :wideyed:

Last edited:
Hi Allan,

Old - Well that's a nice old thing. I hope we're going to see some of your 52 taken with it when you figure out what film it needs. Liking the way the gold highlights still stand out from the blacks.

Soft - Nice choice of background to emphasize the softness of the petals themselves. As always with this type of shot, flawless.

Hi Allan,

Old - Well that's a nice old thing. I hope we're going to see some of your 52 taken with it when you figure out what film it needs. Liking the way the gold highlights still stand out from the blacks.

Soft - Nice choice of background to emphasize the softness of the petals themselves. As always with this type of shot, flawless.

It needs a bit of a clean first but I do hope to run a film through it at some point, thanks for looking in.

Everything still seems to work but not ran a film through it yet, can’t establish wether it’s 116 or hopefully 120 there are different views online as for pocket camera you would need big pockets :wideyed:

I'm pretty sure the Kodak Junior 1A is 116. You can respool 120 film onto 116 spools but probably not worth the trouble.

I'm pretty sure the Kodak Junior 1A is 116. You can respool 120 film onto 116 spools but probably not worth the trouble.
Thanks for the info if that’s the case i don’t think I will bother

Old
Good tight framing.
I like looking at the old camera's, they show craftsmanship.

Fantastic image Allan, great sharpness and detail.(y)
I bet there aren't many of these charming old relics left.

Btw, your link from the main page doesn't seem to work.
Thanks and thanks for letting me know will fix it later

Back