Allan.H 52 for 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKE AND FINISHED

Another great Macro shot for this weeks theme Allan, very nice, great colours captured too!

Fragile is fabulous! 'nuff said!

Hi Allan,

Free Week - Very nice. The limited colour palette suits the image. Quite heavy vignette added?
Whole - Nicely done, to me it has the look of something you'd see in a holiday brochure for somewhere hot, the incidental pictures they use to give an overall feel. It's a shame that stock doesn't fetch much these days, as I suspect that would do well.
Fragile - That's intense... Nothing to add.

Fragile is fabulous! 'nuff said!

Thanks

Hi Allan,

Free Week - Very nice. The limited colour palette suits the image. Quite heavy vignette added?
Whole - Nicely done, to me it has the look of something you'd see in a holiday brochure for somewhere hot, the incidental pictures they use to give an overall feel. It's a shame that stock doesn't fetch much these days, as I suspect that would do well.
Fragile - That's intense... Nothing to add.

Thanks

Squashed is a very strange one indeed Allan, but on theme. What is it ?

It’s a piece from an art exhibition it’s about a woman who smuggled her dog on a flight in her hand luggage because she couldn’t bare to parted from it but when she opened the case at the other end the dog was dead, very sad

Hi Allan,

I was just browsing through the pictures thread and your Star Anise photo really caught my eye, I'd have that on the wall, I really like the tones and composition.

Wow!
A compelling and tragic story indeed!
Very well taken image, and expert composition!(y)
Not an easy image to look at, but it certainly has a powerful impact, and hopefully serves as a warning about the fragility of life!

I agree its a very difficult image to view, Thanks for looking in Gareth

Some great work in your recent posts. SQUASHED is a superb take on the theme. Sad story to be sure.

Thanks

Hi Allan,

I was just browsing through the pictures thread and your Star Anise photo really caught my eye, I'd have that on the wall, I really like the tones and composition.
Thank you, that's nice of you to say

^^^^ That. Nice one! What is it?

Squashed - Yes, that is a sad story. The shadow makes you really look hard at the shot to understand what you're seeing.
Time - Without a reference, that's either a coin of a sundial. If it's a coin, that's a very impressive macro (stack?) If it's a sundial, how have you lost the background like that?

^^^^ That. Nice one! What is it?
Squashed - Yes, that is a sad story. The shadow makes you really look hard at the shot to understand what you're seeing.
Time - Without a reference, that's either a coin of a sundial. If it's a coin, that's a very impressive macro (stack?) If it's a sundial, how have you lost the background like that?
It’s a sundial it’s a project in waiting, I rescued it from going in a skip About 4 years ago it was covered in dirt and paint, I have been looking for a stone plinth for it to sit on but that’s proving difficult.
It’s sitting on a piece of black card in the photo and it's an 11 image stack

Last edited:
Time - that's a great picture, both the cropped and wider view look excellent. Really like the lighting and exposure

Squash(ed)
It's a strange looking think, it definitely fits in with the theme. The description gives good context.

Time
A good control of light and I like the first shot. I don't feel qualified to say how I think one of your shots could be improved, but i would like to see the shadow of the gnomon.

Squash(ed)
It's a strange looking think, it definitely fits in with the theme. The description gives good context.

Time
A good control of light and I like the first shot. I don't feel qualified to say how I think one of your shots could be improved, but i would like to see the shadow of the gnomon.

Thanks for looking in and you are absolutely right about the shadow, its been very dull here so getting a good shadow was difficult I could have used flash but that presents more problems with highlights, its why I went with the first picture and the tempus fugit part.

Squashed is great. I think the image in it's own right works well as it's so bizarre but has plenty to keep you looking into it, but the backstory makes it amazing

Time - yup, great mono image. Love the composition, love the processing

Bit of a catch up for me Allan, Squashed at first I thought I like the shot but what is it ? Then reading through the post it’s a dog ! Wow things people go through is amazing !
Time, it’s a timeless shot for me what’s not to like !

Squashed is great. I think the image in it's own right works well as it's so bizarre but has plenty to keep you looking into it, but the backstory makes it amazing

Time - yup, great mono image. Love the composition, love the processing
Terrific image from you again Allan.
The lighting is superb on both versions!
A contradiction perhaps, but might I be so bold as to describe it as 'timeless'?!:giggle:
A classy image indeed!:clap:
Bit of a catch up for me Allan, Squashed at first I thought I like the shot but what is it ? Then reading through the post it’s a dog ! Wow things people go through is amazing !
Time, it’s a timeless shot for me what’s not to like !
Thanks

Lovely mono for FULL!

Brilliant, punchy image Allan!
The contrasts work very well, with terrific composition and excellent seed placement technique!
Yet again, you have 'suc-seeded' in producing a great image!:giggle:

Thanks though not for the pun

Back