Allan.H 52 for 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKE AND FINISHED

Yep - nice mono for environment.

I like them both (short and environmental) great examples for the themes, and well processed etc.

I like that, Allan. The conversion suits the subject and theme. The cable-stay bridge adds some interest to the shot too. From an artist point of view, I like the horizontal power lines, triangular bridge cables and the vertical chimneys
Thanks

Very good subject for the theme, and well composed

Good take on the theme with the list of distances and the far figure :)

That's a cracker of an image for Far Allan. As others have said, the two figures really work well with on being far away as well as the sign. (y)

Playing - Love it Allan. All four legs off the floor, yet frozen in motion and as Dave says, he's looking straight at you.
Far - Nicely found and then set up for the theme, with the signage and then the road leading into the far distance. I also like how you've caught a couple of passers-by, it might have been too clinical without them :)
Environmental - A very interesting shot. I particularly like the lines and the criss cross of the powerlines with the bridge stays. As others have said, very effective in mono.
Short - Ah, I see. Is that something that happened a lot to statues around that time then? I recall from a visit to Egypt that the previous ruler's statues were very often defaced by the next 'god' to take power, I guess this is a bit similar.
Mind you, we're no better with the calls to remove colonial statues because of things they did which were normal for the time, but we now see (know) to be wrong. Anyway, good photo as it makes you think :)

Playing - Love it Allan. All four legs off the floor, yet frozen in motion and as Dave says, he's looking straight at you.
Far - Nicely found and then set up for the theme, with the signage and then the road leading into the far distance. I also like how you've caught a couple of passers-by, it might have been too clinical without them :)
Environmental - A very interesting shot. I particularly like the lines and the criss cross of the powerlines with the bridge stays. As others have said, very effective in mono.
Short - Ah, I see. Is that something that happened a lot to statues around that time then? I recall from a visit to Egypt that the previous ruler's statues were very often defaced by the next 'god' to take power, I guess this is a bit similar.
Mind you, we're no better with the calls to remove colonial statues because of things they did which were normal for the time, but we now see (know) to be wrong. Anyway, good photo as it makes you think :)
Thanks for looking in Tim, the defacing of icons, statues and paintings in the churches/cathedrals was a thing at the time a lot of ruined monasteries you can visit today are because of Henry the 8th he wasn't a fan of the Pope

Yay for the pooch missile :D

A great Playing shot, a dog at full speed is difficult to catch, as I've been finding out!

Great images Allan!:clap:
Play(ing): Superb action shot! What a piece of timing...well done getting him fully 'airbourne'! And a great, fun expression too!
Below: I like the symmetry, and the repeating pattern of the planks underneath - works well.
Thanks

I think everything has already been said.
I am going to ask when did you come over to the dark side Allan, with the X100F ?
Had the x100f since March and about 2 weeks ago I purchased an xe-3 so well and truly in the dark side now :runaway:

Reactions: LC2
Far - great take on the theme, the light in the image is bang on and really gets the weather across.
Playing - great airborne shot! Plenty of fun in that one
Below - I really like the perspective on this shot and there is some nice detail in the shadows, I also like the symmetry

Far - great take on the theme, the light in the image is bang on and really gets the weather across.
Playing - great airborne shot! Plenty of fun in that one
Below - I really like the perspective on this shot and there is some nice detail in the shadows, I also like the symmetry

Thanks

Back