Allan.H 52 for 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKE AND FINISHED

That yellow really pops against the black background, I love it. Don't often see flower photos of daffs which is a shame as they're lovely. Really well executed image and I think it's one of my favourites for this week

Hi Allan, belated welcome back.

New, I like the lighting, just enough to show the buds off well.

Clean, Again the lighting is just enough, plenty of details and very pleasing colours and items are well composed. Great shot.

Open, Lovely shot of dafs, lighting is yet again excellent, lovely shadow details.

Pete

Lighting shows off the detail in the daffodils well.

That yellow really pops against the black background, I love it. Don't often see flower photos of daffs which is a shame as they're lovely. Really well executed image and I think it's one of my favourites for this week
thank you

Hi Allan, belated welcome back.

New, I like the lighting, just enough to show the buds off well.

Clean, Again the lighting is just enough, plenty of details and very pleasing colours and items are well composed. Great shot.

Open, Lovely shot of dafs, lighting is yet again excellent, lovely shadow details.

Pete
Lighting shows off the detail in the daffodils well.
Thank you both

Hi Allan, the yellow against the dark background works great. I am still struggling to get My daffodils to open ! Going away for a couple of weeks on Saturday so will miss them. Be interested to know how you let it the shot ?

Hi Allan, the yellow against the dark background works great. I am still struggling to get My daffodils to open ! Going away for a couple of weeks on Saturday so will miss them. Be interested to know how you let it the shot ?

Thanks, it was lit (I assume that’s what you meant) with just the light coming through the kitchen window

Another super image, Allan; as others have said, you do this type of shot so well (y) The blooms are flawless, fully open, and perfectly lit and isolated against a clean black background.

Thank you

Wow! Just catching up here. and love your shots so far.

New-great shot, love how the buds stand out against the black background.
Clean-this is my pick of all the images for the theme, very nicely done.
Open-another shot with great definition against the background.

On my monitor, all the shots look a bit dark? It works very well on Clean, but the other two look like they could do with another quarter to half stop to me. A get start to the year, looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Distant

Nice colours, and love the black BG, nicely controlled :)

Wow! Just catching up here. and love your shots so far.

New-great shot, love how the buds stand out against the black background.
Clean-this is my pick of all the images for the theme, very nicely done.
Open-another shot with great definition against the background.

On my monitor, all the shots look a bit dark? It works very well on Clean, but the other two look like they could do with another quarter to half stop to me. A get start to the year, looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Distant
Thanks for the nice comments
Calibrated my monitor about two weeks ago first time for a long while so will look at it again in another couple of weeks.
The three images I have put in up to now are all quite dark images they are lit in a certain way, I think I need to get out into the light for the next theme, but thanks for pointing that out its good to know how others see them :)

Nice colours, and love the black BG, nicely controlled :)
Thanks

Hi Allan,

New - What a cracking image. Well lit and composed. I like the detail in the opening bud too. Nice one (y)
Clean - Another nice shot. Nicely set up and the little back light in the far bar of soap is just lovely. If I had one thing to say it would be that the top is a little tight to the star fish.
Open - Wow! Another stunning shot. Very nice indeed.

Hi Allan,

New - What a cracking image. Well lit and composed. I like the detail in the opening bud too. Nice one (y)
Clean - Another nice shot. Nicely set up and the little back light in the far bar of soap is just lovely. If I had one thing to say it would be that the top is a little tight to the star fish.
Open - Wow! Another stunning shot. Very nice indeed.
:clap:
Another stunning image, Allan. You always amaze me with some of your shots. Lighting is excellent and makes the petals translucence. If I'm being really picky highlights in the left stem/stalk might be a touch on the bright side, but that’s about it.
Three belters there. I love the colours, the simplicity, the detail. All of them are really nice to look at and let the eye wander round the frame!
Thank you all

Nicely done Allan, similar to what I had in mind to shoot later today if the weather plays ball! Maybe could do with a little crop off the bottom but the argument against is in the "Distant" subject, so I get that. Good sky, nice detail in the trees, and it has a sort of olde worlde feel to the image

Another fine image from you Allan, liking it in mono as it brings out the clouds and sky nicely with a sharp main building in the BG.
Nicely done Allan, similar to what I had in mind to shoot later today if the weather plays ball! Maybe could do with a little crop off the bottom but the argument against is in the "Distant" subject, so I get that. Good sky, nice detail in the trees, and it has a sort of olde worlde feel to the image
Thanks both.

B&W really has brought out the ominous look to the sky.
I like the counterpoint of the grain silos and the trees.
It's a lovely shot to me, Allan. I like that subtle simplicity about it with the shot divided into threes horizontally; The bottom foreground field with those faint straight lines, the middle trees and farm buildings at the right-hand thirds and mildly texture sky at the top.
Thanks both

Lovely mono - with some great tones in those trees!

Open - Daffodils in the Dark good lighting works really well.
Distant - works well in b/w and I like that the buildings are to the side not central

Spot on for me Allan, great image. Like the way you have kept the buildings to the right, I am always tempted to centralise buildings but you have proven me wrong. Such a lot to learn

Open - Daffodils in the Dark good lighting works really well.
Distant - works well in b/w and I like that the buildings are to the side not central
Spot on for me Allan, great image. Like the way you have kept the buildings to the right, I am always tempted to centralise buildings but you have proven me wrong. Such a lot to learn
Thank you both

Great composition, Allan, with the interesting buildings and trees under a moody sky and the foreground 'third' giving that vital sense of separation to underline the theme. It's a good fit for B&W.
Thank you

Very nice mono image - like it a lot

Back