Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Really good image that fits the theme perfectly, I would have been tempted to move the debris blocking some of the lettering.
I left it in as it was there, I didn't feel the need to clean up the image given the theme

I like this a lot Allan. The processing really suits the subject as does that lighting.

Nice lighting, nicely processed, it works well Allan

Lots of texture and great light - even the cobbles have a metallic look to them.

Sells dirty whilst actually being the removal of certain forms of dirt from the streets.
A clever and well found(?) shot (I suspect you already knew where this was).
The vignette and restricted colour palette work well.

Sells dirty whilst actually being the removal of certain forms of dirt from the streets.
A clever and well found(?) shot (I suspect you already knew where this was).
The vignette and restricted colour palette work well.
You are right I knew of it’s existence it’s about 20 yards from where I work it did take me a while to remember it and to put 2 and 2 together

Thanks Tim

Dirty
Lovely, the textures and light really make for a great shot.

Quality image.

Wide-ish angle, and wet shine.

Very nice Allan. I might have been tempted to flick the twigs away but that's being pedantic I think. Really like the nice metallic colours.

Great image - it's amazing how much detail there is on things like this that generally go completely unnoticed in our daily lives.

That really stands out, lots of detail and contrast and nicely fits the brief :)

That really stands out, lots of detail and contrast and nicely fits the brief :)

thanks
Well composed shot of the sewer cover Allan. Nice metallic tones. I always enjoy looking at this type of item, particularly reading the manufacturer’s name and place of manufacture. This is a good one, working out where to start on the circle.
Thanks for looking in Alan, there are a huge variety of them

Great spot for the theme and well taken. the dampness and the light really help scene

The contrasty lighting shows off the carving really well. I like the way you've gone for an angled shot and put it into context with its surroundings.

Yep - stone done well.

Back