Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

The picture fits the theme well, and I like the overall tonal balance.

I think the wet lines lead the eye into the image and the house provides scale to the pylon. Don't think I'd fancy having that on my doorstep though!
I like the wet foreground. As Helen says, it leads you through the image.... actually I'm not going to say anymore, completely ditto Helen :ROFLMAO:
Thank you, in the picture the pylon looks closer to the house than it actually is but I agree it’s still a bit close for my liking

Just having a bit of a catch-up on comments. My favourites here are Fruit and Dirty, Fruit is cleverly lit and Dirty's superb, lots of texture and subtle colour, really nice. And to its credit, Tall does convey an awful lot of tallness...
Thanks for looking in

Just having a bit of a catch-up on comments. My favourites here are Fruit and Dirty, Fruit is cleverly lit and Dirty's superb, lots of texture and subtle colour, really nice. And to its credit, Tall does convey an awful lot of tallness...
Very nice - the balance of the pylon and the house works well.
Thanks

Both have their merits, Its tough to pick a favorite TBH.

I think your choice for the main thread post is the one.
Both are clean, crisp and minimal. But I think the addition of the lovely wooden background adds that little something.
Thanks

Both lovely images Allan. I'd print the second and have it as a nice framed A3 on the wall. Would be a very serene and calming piece of art. Really lovely.

The dying leaves and stem are beautifully lit, the way the shadow of the stem diffuses into that lovely pale wooden background and there's an almost monochromatic feel to it.
Yep :D

Second one is nice but first is great. The dying leaves and stem are beautifully lit, the way the shadow of the stem diffuses into that lovely pale wooden background and there's an almost monochromatic feel to it.
Thanks

Your chosen shot is lovely.. it has a very fine art feel in the textures of the petals against the wood and the soft light.

It's got a lovely vintage feel, the tones and detail are great. I'm not entirely sure about the gap between the planks coming straight out of the top of the plant though... it draws my eye a little.

Snappers choice
Two excellent shots. Great lighting and composition's. There's something about dead Hydrangea heads. In some ways, they're more interesting than live flower heads.
The second shot has a lovely fine art feel to it.

It's got a lovely vintage feel, the tones and detail are great. I'm not entirely sure about the gap between the planks coming straight out of the top of the plant though... it draws my eye a little.
Thanks I agree about the gap I will have a look again and try and take it out
Subject and background really compliment one another. Lovely pic.
Thanks

Tall: A well composed shot that's typical of many rural landscapes. The waterlogged and frozen fields are now quite a common on a winter's day and shows just how the landscape looks.
Snapper's choice. I like the composition, the lighting and the nicely processed pastel shades.

Snappers choice
Two excellent shots. Great lighting and composition's. There's something about dead Hydrangea heads. In some ways, they're more interesting than live flower heads.
The second shot has a lovely fine art feel to it.
Tall: A well composed shot that's typical of many rural landscapes. The waterlogged and frozen fields are now quite a common on a winter's day and shows just how the landscape looks.
Snapper's choice. I like the composition, the lighting and the nicely processed pastel shades.
Thanks

Really nice, simple and clean Allan. Love the composition.

Snappers Choice
Both of them are great, slightly prefer the second one, i wouldn't recognise the item not being green fingered in any way but the soft lighting is pleasing

Pair
Nice detail on the seeds, not sure about the position in the frame

Snappers Choice
Both of them are great, slightly prefer the second one, i wouldn't recognise the item not being green fingered in any way but the soft lighting is pleasing

Pair
Nice detail on the seeds, not sure about the position in the frame
Thanks

Apologies Allan, first time I've looked in on your thread.
Snappers choice, lovely, I particularly like the colour tones/processing in this.
Pair, it's been said above already but just to echo it, lovely, simple image but very effective. I particularly like the use of the negative space. Good work.

Most unusual. Odd kind of graininess in the seed pod thingies and intriguing smudgy BG. Good work.

Lovely shot of the seeds, although perhaps a tighter crop for me - lots of blank space - although that presumably was your intention

Clean and simple Allan.
Very nice

Back