Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

I like that, a lot. Great colours that really make the image 'zing', and I love the way the front half is lit. Good job.

Lovely light and composition on this one :)

Half
It's an interesting choice of background, I wouldn't have thought pink and like would have gone together, but it does seem to work. Nice light shining through the nearest piece of lime/lemon.

Bright, colourful, succulent-looking lime in FG.

Not so sure about the rest. Could be toned down a little perhaps.

The pink BG works really well against the foreground lime, a really vibrant combination. I'm not sure about the light though. The lack of colour in the cut face of the rear half, and the heavy shadow detracts from the overall mood a little for me.

Half
It's an interesting choice of background, I wouldn't have thought pink and like would have gone together, but it does seem to work. Nice light shining through the nearest piece of lime/lemon.
Thanks

Good work Allan, lovely vibrant colours.
A bit of social commentary with your second shot which I like too. Have you tried a B&W conversion?

Bright, colourful, succulent-looking lime in FG.

Not so sure about the rest. Could be toned down a little perhaps.
The pink BG works really well against the foreground lime, a really vibrant combination. I'm not sure about the light though. The lack of colour in the cut face of the rear half, and the heavy shadow detracts from the overall mood a little for me.

Both valid comments, I agree about the lack of colour in the BG lime.
Not sure what "toned down" means though

Good work Allan, lovely vibrant colours.
A bit of social commentary with your second shot which I like too. Have you tried a B&W conversion?
Thanks, I did do a B+W conversion but decided I liked this one the other version a bit cliched I felt

The colour in the lime shot really pops. Great choice of background colour set it off and sharp as it probably is sharp!

Missed half... Starting to lose track of who I've commented on and who I haven't... I think the fruit is really vibrant and has a strong composition. Could be a candidate for filling half the frame :)

Really like the reflection shot. All that empty still water around the subject gives it a real sense of peace. Really like the contrasting colours on the bottles too. Did you happen across this?

Missed half... Starting to lose track of who I've commented on and who I haven't... I think the fruit is really vibrant and has a strong composition. Could be a candidate for filling half the frame :)

Really like the reflection shot. All that empty still water around the subject gives it a real sense of peace. Really like the contrasting colours on the bottles too. Did you happen across this?
They where in the canal, a lucky find, though a shame to see.

Aye I like that. Love the minimalist composition too!

Nice minimalist image Allan (y)

reflections is quite striking and great for the theme, well spotted.

REFLECTION(S) .... I absolutely love this, it works beautifully. In the stillness of the water. Did you find them like that or did you plant them?

I couldn't like that more. It's almost a photo of nothing, and yet there's lots in it. There's a beautiful, low brow, earthy serenity to it, and it looks great viewed larger. I like how the water is more transparent in the reflected shadow of the bottle necks allowing a glimpse of the submerged part.

I couldn't like that more. It's almost a photo of nothing, and yet there's lots in it. There's a beautiful, low brow, earthy serenity to it, and it looks great viewed larger. I like how the water is more transparent in the reflected shadow of the bottle necks allowing a glimpse of the submerged part.
Thanks

Back