Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Great Picture Allen, The monochrome tones work well in the roof area and the light along the cloisters act as great leading lines towards the end.

Pete

I love the colours in your spring shot. The flowers stand out well against the background.

I agree nice leading lines in your snapper’s choice. I thought it was a person at the end, but it’s a window or light. Nevertheless it does it’s job of drawing your eye to it.

Nice moody mono Cloisters. Where is that?

I love the colours in your spring shot. The flowers stand out well against the background.

I agree nice leading lines in your snapper’s choice. I thought it was a person at the end, but it’s a window or light. Nevertheless it does it’s job of drawing your eye to it.
Thank you

Nice one Allan, lots of detail in the cloisters to hold the viewer's eye.

Really like the detail and tones in this Allan. I may pinch this composition next time I'm in the cathedral. I normally get distracted by the windows. Love how it's very low key, but the sun coming through the windows appears very tightly controlled.

Very nice image.

Really like the detail and tones in this Allan. I may pinch this composition next time I'm in the cathedral. I normally get distracted by the windows. Love how it's very low key, but the sun coming through the windows appears very tightly controlled.

Very nice image.
Thanks Ian

Cracking shot Allan, I swear I've seen a shot in the past from you about this building :thinking:
Always possible Dave I’ve taken a few of the 52s pictures in there, it helps I have day to day access to it working there

That's a beautifully exposed shot. Looks like it must be quite difficult to get right but you've managed to capture plenty of shadow detail.

Snappers choice
Really like the light coming through. Good textures in the walls and ceiling.

Funny how adding one sentence to an image can transform it. I'm fascinated by adding text to and around images.

Great image, and it's insightful to see/understand the thought process behind it.

That's a nice image, and it looks like an interesting place.

But when I look at the image, I'm convinced the verticals are off... Then I check, and they are bang on. Weird!

Funny how adding one sentence to an image can transform it. I'm fascinated by adding text to and around images.

I agree, and I didn't notice until I read the tag line. The similarities between the people and the pigeons is striking. Excellent photograph.

Great image, and it's insightful to see/understand the thought process behind it.
I don’t often title pictures or add any kind of explanation, its difficult to actually find the words sometimes but I felt with this it needed pointing out.

That's a nice image, and it looks like an interesting place.

But when I look at the image, I'm convinced the verticals are off... Then I check, and they are bang on. Weird!
I thought the very same thing, it did mess with my head for a while

Thanks for looking in

I like that a lots - goos sign of the times. Social distanciong looks in place but I;d still be nervouse about it!

I like that a lots - goos sign of the times. Social distanciong looks in place but I;d still be nervouse about it!
Not sure about the social distancing aspect they seemed very close to me, I certainly won’t be participating in that activity for a while yet

They look too close together to me for these times. Looks like a lovely spot for refreshment.

I love the pigeons and people comment - so true, and I’m not sure I’d have noticed. Nicely captured and suits the B&W treatment.

Very nice image and well spotted on the pigeon front. I would not be there at this point in time. Actually went to a Pub on Sunday for Lunch, The garden was nearly deserted, but we had finished by 12:40 and I would guess most people don't eat till after 1pm on a Sunday. Everybody should be responsible for their own health re covid, it's not if they don't know what to do, it's been rammed down our throats during the last year.

Pete

They look too close together to me for these times. Looks like a lovely spot for refreshment.

I love the pigeons and people comment - so true, and I’m not sure I’d have noticed. Nicely captured and suits the B&W treatment.
Too close for me I was happy enough at the other side of the canal

Very nice image and well spotted on the pigeon front. I would not be there at this point in time. Actually went to a Pub on Sunday for Lunch, The garden was nearly deserted, but we had finished by 12:40 and I would guess most people don't eat till after 1pm on a Sunday. Everybody should be responsible for their own health re covid, it's not if they don't know what to do, it's been rammed down our throats during the last year.

Pete
I agree Pete there's no way I would be there either

Really well spotted - I had to do a double take when I read your comment. Nice mono shot too.

Back