Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Excellent find. Shame they were there but at least made for a great shot. A splash of colour in the middle of greyness.

I like it, got a few things going on there, the rough is right there and yet the image almost takes us in and becomes smoother as you go in due to the lovely depth of field. The lovely side lighting enhances both aspects of this quite well too.

Really nice image as usual Allan. Very tidy composition, could easily qualify for "low key", and a very appropriate use of depth of field.

Reflection
Definitely well spotted, the slight view of the area under the water adding to it. Might have been tempted to throw in a pebble to see how it looked

I like it, got a few things going on there, the rough is right there and yet the image almost takes us in and becomes smoother as you go in due to the lovely depth of field. The lovely side lighting enhances both aspects of this quite well too.
Thank you

Nice detailed image - I like the fact the first two are almost the same shape and bend into the compostion.

Very nice use of DoF.
As already mentioned, rough to smooth works very well

The rough-looking one is nicely lit, the tip stands out well.

Rough
Really great lighting, the cones going from sharp too blurred highlights the roughness of the nearest cone.

Pine cones are the gift that keeps on giving. Great textures, and your use of DOF works nicely.

Rough: On theme. I really like the composition and lighting with the other cones fading into the distance. The depth of field is perfect.

Nice job, love the purple cloth and the lighting is very good, I may have cropped a tad off the bottom, personally (but that's just me as it feels a bit 'tall' for my taste (y) ). Fits the theme perfectly too.

Last edited:
Good work Allan, I particularly like the colour tones.

Agree with Iain, lovely colours - the bronze and purple compliment each other well.

Although should the title be "Soon to be Smooth"? :exit:

That's a lovely old iron. I had a similar idea and even ironed something for the photo this afternoon, but I just didn't like it with my modern iron :)

Your image works really well. I love the colours and the textures.

Back