Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Nice contrasting image, was the gate in that position or moved for the photo? Did you make a conscious decision to include no detail in the area under the gate?

Nice contrasting image, was the gate in that position or moved for the photo? Did you make a conscious decision to include no detail in the area under the gate?
The gate is always in that position as for lack of detail given the low bright light and the subject matter being the carved stone which was where the exposure mattered there was never going to be much light falling behind what is another post so yes a conscious decision.

The shadows really highlight the carving and texture. Nice one.

Nice pylon, strange how when they were first erected they were hated now we have grown to find them often appealing.

Very nice Allan needs cross posting to bump the pylon thread...

It's like a T-Rex of a pylon with a big body and tiny arms...

Nice pylon, strange how when they were first erected they were hated now we have grown to find them often appealing.
I’m not sure I find them particularly appealing but they are part of the landscape and can sometimes make a fairly interesting picture

Tall

I like the positioning of the pylon and the inclusion of the foreground, a nice bit of cloud detail too.

Pylon is nice. Not sure about the distracting, yucky, waterlogged FG.

Nicely done pylon. Reminds me of War of The Worlds :)

The composition works well, with the house giving scale, and the inclusion of the foreground deepens the scene. I love the classic chrome type tones too.
If I was looking hard for a problem, maybe I'd have brought down the two bright yellow warning signs on the pylon, as they jump out a little against the overall feel of the shot.... but then again, they're warning signs, and that's kinda the point.

That Image is making my eyes go wonky, to me the image appears to get wider at the top, in fact the top looks bent. Must be the angle you took it at.
I like the house and foreground which add to the scale.

Pete

The composition works well, with the house giving scale, and the inclusion of the foreground deepens the scene. I love the classic chrome type tones too.
If I was looking hard for a problem, maybe I'd have brought down the two bright yellow warning signs on the pylon, as they jump out a little against the overall feel of the shot.... but then again, they're warning signs, and that's kinda the point.

The house definitely adds scale, I think it would stand a nip off the bottom, but it’s a perfect find the theme, it does look extremely tall,

thanks

That Image is making my eyes go wonky, to me the image appears to get wider at the top, in fact the top looks bent. Must be the angle you took it at.
I like the house and foreground which add to the scale.

Pete
Thanks

Pylon, house and field all compliment each other perfectly. Nice picture indeed.

You certainly got better conditions for that shot than I did Allan :)
Quite a mixture in the shot. The pylon says industry, whereas the field and buildings say agrarian. Cool to mix the two together like that.

Tall - pylons definitely fit that criteria, with a well composed image adding to the feeling of reaching up into the sky

I think the wet lines lead the eye into the image and the house provides scale to the pylon. Don't think I'd fancy having that on my doorstep though!

I like the wet foreground. As Helen says, it leads you through the image.... actually I'm not going to say anymore, completely ditto Helen :ROFLMAO:

You certainly got better conditions for that shot than I did Allan :)
Quite a mixture in the shot. The pylon says industry, whereas the field and buildings say agrarian. Cool to mix the two together like that.
Tall - pylons definitely fit that criteria, with a well composed image adding to the feeling of reaching up into the sky
Thanks

Just having a bit of a catch-up on comments. My favourites here are Fruit and Dirty, Fruit is cleverly lit and Dirty's superb, lots of texture and subtle colour, really nice. And to its credit, Tall does convey an awful lot of tallness...

Back