Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Good Pair image Allan, great BG and nicely done.

Thanks Dave

Apologies Allan, first time I've looked in on your thread.
Snappers choice, lovely, I particularly like the colour tones/processing in this.
Pair, it's been said above already but just to echo it, lovely, simple image but very effective. I particularly like the use of the negative space. Good work.

Thanks for looking in Iain

I think I can actually see a pair of eyes looking out at me in your 'pair' shot. Not sure if it's the background or an added texture, but it works nicely and I like the positioning within the image.

I think I can actually see a pair of eyes looking out at me in your 'pair' shot. Not sure if it's the background or an added texture, but it works nicely and I like the positioning within the image.

A classic Allan shot. Minimalist and clean. I do think the textured background (marbled?) works in this instance, I don't think plain black or white would have quite so well.

The background is an old piece of wood which at one point was painted white but is rather battered looking now, due to being outdoors for a couple of years
the other side of it which isn't painted featured in the hydrangea picture.

I like the simplicity of this shot and nicely processed. I might be tempted to try a square crop.

The detail in the tops of the seed pod is really nice.

Cropwise, it doesn't work at all for me on here, but clicking through to Flickr and viewing it on a black background it really comes to life.... How odd?

The detail in the tops of the seed pod is really nice.

Cropwise, it doesn't work at all for me on here, but clicking through to Flickr and viewing it on a black background it really comes to life.... How odd?
Thanks

I like the composition and processing. It is hard to take your eye of the two seed heads.

That's really good. I thought you'd just re-posted the original poster at first. You should change the tag line to something like 'In space, no one can hear ice cream'!;)

Very inventive. Putty and toast. What a combo...

Another great image Allan, good thinking for a classic film love it.

Thanks Dave I should have spent more time on it but was a bit out of my depth to be honest

That's really good. I thought you'd just re-posted the original poster at first. You should change the tag line to something like 'In space, no one can hear ice cream'!;)

Thanks

An impressive piece of work, and from such humble materials.
Thank you, its not impressive though but an enjoyable and frustrating couple of hours till I gave up and thought that will do.

That's very good and I like it. You've put a lot of thought into the shot not just the setup but the props too.
Its all a bit Blue Peter to be honest, it amused me for a while though.

Wow... I am really impressed with the effort and imagination you've put into this one. Looks fantastical!

Film
Great work there. I was trying to find a way to do the same film, but didn't know what to do. You've depicted the film brilliantly.
I have an affiliation with this film as my mum worked on it, making lots of things including parts of the space ships and alien suits.
This is my mum on the left, with the spray bottle in her hand. https://images.app.goo.gl/2SD2pEaJMV5MWReg6
This is why I have the user name nostromo.

Film
Great work there. I was trying to find a way to do the same film, but didn't know what to do. You've depicted the film brilliantly.
I have an affiliation with this film as my mum worked on it, making lots of things including parts of the space ships and alien suits.
This is my mum on the left, with the spray bottle in her hand. https://images.app.goo.gl/2SD2pEaJMV5MWReg6
This is why I have the user name nostromo.
What a great story about your Mum, did she do a lot of films?
I used to work in theatre and being involved in the building of sets would meet a lot of prop makers and scenic artists, very talented people,
nice to have the picture of her too working on the film.
Thanks for commenting

Last edited:
Back