Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

That is very nice. As others have said, the black background, the wetness and the lighting are all spot on. I'm not entirely sure about all three apples in a line, I feel it might be stronger to have 1-2 or a 2-1 formation (that makes me sound like I know something about football.... I really, really do not!).

I really like this image Allan. I'm hoping for something similar with a different (dry) fruit.

I might have put the top of the apples right on half way to give a bit more balance.

I kinda thought this too. It feels a bit "widescreen" and could do with a bit of space at the bottom which is pretty much what Jim was saying. Definitely a personal preference thing though. I do think "black" makes a great frame & background. Really isolates your subject.

Yep - works very well that!

Yep that appealed to me Allan (y)

Sorry :coat:

A nice composition with really good lighting but I might have put the top of the apples right on half way to give a bit more balance (but then i'm a bit OCD with stuff like that). the water really adds to the image too, nicely done.

I did try a couple of different crops but settled on this one.

I do like that. A classic still life feel to it.

Thank you

Black background, water drops, shiny apples, what’s not to like, super shot Allan. I just went to find my black card to set something up and I can’t find it ....hopefully Mr Amazon will deliver a supply tomorrow, I need to start getting creative again :)

Thanks Susie

That is very nice. As others have said, the black background, the wetness and the lighting are all spot on. I'm not entirely sure about all three apples in a line, I feel it might be stronger to have 1-2 or a 2-1 formation (that makes me sound like I know something about football.... I really, really do not!).

Having tried a few formations I’m not sure I agree, it looked better to me this way, but always good to have different opinion, thanks for looking in.

Fruit
I like the use of 3 apples, good lighting, although I'd like to see a bit more light on top front.

I really like this image Allan. I'm hoping for something similar with a different (dry) fruit.

I kinda thought this too. It feels a bit "widescreen" and could do with a bit of space at the bottom which is pretty much what Jim was saying. Definitely a personal preference thing though. I do think "black" makes a great frame & background. Really isolates your subject.

As I said to Jim I did try a few different crops and settled on this, it is very subjective and I'm not the best at picking the best option I don't think.

Yep - works very well that!

Ta

Very noir. Clever the way that losing the bottom to black actually prevents them from feeling floaty. I wouldn't have thought of that (but may have to try it now).

Thanks Tim it’s an old trick
Fruit
I like the use of 3 apples, good lighting, although I'd like to see a bit more light on top front.
Thanks I do have one with more light at the front but I deliberately darkened the shadows I will take another look at it

that works really well for all the reasons already mentioned.

Very nice Allan. Lovely lighting and lovely composition. I like the negative space.
Edit: And now I've read a few other comments I would add, I like the crop just as it is.

Last edited:
My OCD is seeing the different stalks as distracting. Enjoying the lighting, not sure if seeing the faintest outline of the bottom of the apples would help

Last edited:
Very nice Allan. Lovely lighting and lovely composition. I like the negative space.
Edit: And now I've read a few other comments I would add, I like the crop just as it is.
Thank you, I think it’s fine too

That's a 'grate' image (ba-dum tish .... i'll get my coat). Fits the theme realyy well, on many levels. The vignette really adds to it and there is just enough colour, and plenty of texture, in the flag stones to add a bit more. Really well thought out, and taken/PP'd

That's a 'grate' image (ba-dum tish .... i'll get my coat). Fits the theme realyy well, on many levels. The vignette really adds to it and there is just enough colour, and plenty of texture, in the flag stones to add a bit more. Really well thought out, and taken/PP'd
Thanks Jim

Really good image that fits the theme perfectly, I would have been tempted to move the debris blocking some of the lettering.

Back