Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

There's a lot of great juxtaposition kicking around this week!

This looks really good bigger on Flickr. The nesting material in the Magpie's beak suggests getting on with life, which reinforces the idea. Great composition and perfectly suited to mono.

There's a lot of great juxtaposition kicking around this week!

This looks really good bigger on Flickr. The nesting material in the Magpie's beak suggests getting on with life, which reinforces the idea. Great composition and perfectly suited to mono.
Thank you

Lovely shot for Alive. Really like the composition and the B&W treatment. I spent ages trying to work out what was meant by the missing 'S' after reading some comments :LOL:
One for sorrow isn't it?

Lovely shot for Alive. Really like the composition and the B&W treatment. I spent ages trying to work out what was meant by the missing 'S' after reading some comments :LOL:
One for sorrow isn't it?

Sorry about the confusion :thinking: and it is indeed one for sorrow but as it seems to be building a nest I presume there was another one close by.

Wow that was a very timely shot Allan, what are the chances of catching a nest building magpie in such a perfect spot, excellent for the theme.

Superglue Susie o_O

It's quite dark and sinister isn't it? Was that the intent? Or is it just me :)

Also I think you need to add the link from the main pic thread.

Interesting processing Allan.
Those bunny's can be really evil :D

I really like the lighting and composition, and the mood they create

Easter bunny is perfect for the theme Allan, not sure about the low key for this one, there’s a fuzzy bit behind his head that’s a bit distracting.
The fuzzy bit is a textured BG which looks better in colour but overall I liked the B+W version the background does look better on Flickr though

It does give the effect of an evil bunny [emoji848] I’d quite like to see a colour version.

Tricky subject being so reflective I’d imagine. I hope he didn’t melt under the light.

It does give the effect of an evil bunny [emoji848] I’d quite like to see a colour version.

Tricky subject being so reflective I’d imagine. I hope he didn’t melt under the light.
Thanks no melting involved it was just the light through the window

Easter
Scary bunny. It's a really nice textured background, good light and composition.

Good low key shot.. I think its the eye that really stands out with the shadows cast.. makes it look like nasty bunny :D

Really nice image Allan. I like the composition and the lovely colour too. The blur-vignette helps to draw the subject out. Works really well.

One of those simple shots that works so well. Love the colour, the jug and the textured background. Nice one all round!

Really good shot Allan, love the blus and having those extra flowers at the bottom of the jug adds to it.

Pete

Spring
A nice simple shot. It's a good composition, a good background and I like the inclusion of the flowers on the table.

A great Allan style shot.
Interesting to see the blur in the vignette, it's not something I've seen in your photos before (I think), but I do like it.
You are right not something I would usually do but I think it worked on this.
Thanks for looking in Tim

Back