Allan.H TP 52 2021 SHOWCASE added

Out and about
I agree, it all looks a little too crowded. I'm glad you pointed out the pigeons, I'm not sure would have noticed them (well not for a good while).

Playing comment catch up!

Easter
You definitely got the eye in focus!!
Looks suitably evil, maybe they show a similar image at weight management groups to frighten you off chocolate.

Spring
Nice composition, would like a slightly longer DOF to show the handle clearly. Colours work well, I might have positioned the flowers to keep the full gold edging visible.

Snapper's Choice
Great atmospheric image, with great lighting and level of detail. It's amazing the buildings that were constructed many years ago without the resources we have these days.

Out and about
Well handled scene with the mono conversion picking up the main details.

Shapes
Did you get down to the level of the dandelions or were you able to reposition them? Great silhouette and seperation.

Playing comment catch up!

Easter
You definitely got the eye in focus!!
Looks suitably evil, maybe they show a similar image at weight management groups to frighten you off chocolate.

Spring
Nice composition, would like a slightly longer DOF to show the handle clearly. Colours work well, I might have positioned the flowers to keep the full gold edging visible.

Snapper's Choice
Great atmospheric image, with great lighting and level of detail. It's amazing the buildings that were constructed many years ago without the resources we have these days.

Out and about
Well handled scene with the mono conversion picking up the main details.

Shapes
Did you get down to the level of the dandelions or were you able to reposition them? Great silhouette and seperation.

I repositioned them there's plenty of them about.

Thanks for looking in

Nice one Allan, @Nostromo Dominic's link is spot on too. An interesting interpretation, good work

I love the detail on this, it works really well with the black background too. A very fitting picture for the theme.

How on earth did you find the time to set this up!:exit:

I love the detail on this, it works really well with the black background too. A very fitting picture for the theme.

How on earth did you find the time to set this up!:exit:

It didn't really take any time to set up,
I have a small box full of watch parts, emptied them onto a piece of black card formed them into a square shape and took the picture.
Thanks for looking in.

the joke above has just sunk in :facepalm: god I’m slow

Last edited:
It didn't really take any time to set up,
I have a small box full of watch parts, emptied them onto a piece of black card formed them into a square shape and took the picture.
Thanks for looking in.

the joke above has just sunk in :facepalm: god I’m slow

I love how you framed this. It's worked really well IMO. I really like all the colours too. Another very well executed image Allan.

Really good shot. Let's see it reassembled now :D

I love the way that the arrangement of the watch innards allows the remaining BG to act as a frame.

Hi Allan

Are you good at repairing watches then?

Nice set up and good contrast against the background

Pete

Nice take on the theme... don't know about setting up but picking them all up again looks like it could take some time :D

WEEK 19 TOY

Betsy by Allan Howe, on Flickr

I don't explain usually why I take a picture, but I think this does need an explanation. There is a toy in the image but there is also books, when I was a child I loved books going to a bookshop or library (as in this picture) was as good as going to a toyshop to me.
I wanted to try in a way to convey that sense of wonderment, if thats the right word.

I really like that. The bright toy contrasts really well against the dark background and the slight vignette works well. Only thing I would change slightly would be a tad more breathing space at the bottom but that’s probably just me. Really good take on the theme and one that rings a bell with me as well :)

I wanted to try in a way to convey that sense of wonderment, if thats the right word.
I get a sense of awe from it [the wabbit] which I'm guessing is so similar effect to be the same. I think it works very well indeed.

I really like that. The bright toy contrasts really well against the dark background and the slight vignette works well. Only thing I would change slightly would be a tad more breathing space at the bottom but that’s probably just me. Really good take on the theme and one that rings a bell with me as well :)
I would have liked a bit more space at the bottom too but the rabbits sat on quite a modern desk which didn’t fit with the old books and I couldn’t do anything about it so cropped it tight.
thanks for looking in

I get a sense of awe from it [the wabbit] which I'm guessing is so similar effect to be the same. I think it works very well indeed.
Thanks Ian, awe was the first word I thought of but then came up with wonderment which I then had to check was actually a word, you can see why I don’t write in my zines now.

Thanks Ian, awe was the first word I thought of but then came up with wonderment which I then had to check was actually a word, you can see why I don’t write in my zines now.
You should! I make up words all the time. With my wife being an editor at one point it's something I do deliberately. I spent the first 5 years of our marriage pronouncing escalator as esculator which drove her round the bend. We're still married. No clue how. :)

Back