Allan.H 52 2020 WEEK 52 DECOR(ATE) added

Nice simple b&w image. The vegetation and flowers add interest and great texture to the foreground.

Dark and Moody.
Interesting composition. Placed so that it looks like the tree is growing out of the post.
There wasn’t really much of an attempt at composition Tim its on a very busy four way junction so I had to wait till the traffic lights changed jump out in the road grab the shot and get back on the pavement before ending up under a lorry anything else is just a bonus

Nice spot, I like old signs like that, not many about around here.

Liquid
That's an interesting shot there Allen. I can't actually work out what you've done, is it set in ice or something.
I do really like it though, it has a soft look and muted colours.

I'm with Dominic, love the shot but wondering how it's done. More physical manipulation of the flower or more photoshop manipulation of the image? Doesn't matter to me either way because the image is strong (y)

Liquid
That's an interesting shot there Allen. I can't actually work out what you've done, is it set in ice or something.
I do really like it though, it has a soft look and muted colours.
Thanks, yes it’s set in ice I’ve tried it before but it’s never really worked but this time I got something I was happy with to an extent

I'm with Dominic, love the shot but wondering how it's done. More physical manipulation of the flower or more photoshop manipulation of the image? Doesn't matter to me either way because the image is strong (y)
Thanks it’s just set in ice

Catching up on wall the comments... Your old B&W shot is lovely - the high contrast treatment on a central composition really works for me. And the frozen daisy is nice as well - but surely a solid [emoji6] The old and muted colours and textures on the surface of the ice work together nicely.

Very nICE - looks like a soft watercolour - which on some level I guess it is :)

Great soft focus image with the ice - which I suppose was a liquid at one stage.:sneaky:

I'm with Tim on this, it does look like a painting.
Nicely executed Allen.

A lovely shot... and well executed. I tried leaves in ice many years ago and it failed miserably. A wonderfully soft feel and beautifully lit.

Catching up on wall the comments... Your old B&W shot is lovely - the high contrast treatment on a central composition really works for me. And the frozen daisy is nice as well - but surely a solid [emoji6] The old and muted colours and textures on the surface of the ice work together nicely.

frozen water it’s liquid in a solid form isn’t it, I dont know but it’s staying as it is

Interesting take on Liquid Allan I like it

thanks

That's a beauty, Allan, and I love it. :clap: Very arty and I can image a big print hanging in someone's living room. Do you sell your photos?

No Stan never sold a photo in my life,thanks for the nice words

Oh that's very clever. I wondered if it was a water painting initially, but I see it isn't
Nicely done.

Thanks Tim

I'm with Tim on this, it does look like a painting.
Nicely executed Allen.

thank you

A lovely shot... and well executed. I tried leaves in ice many years ago and it failed miserably. A wonderfully soft feel and beautifully lit.

I have tried it too in the past and it never worked just lucky this time I suppose

The spoons look really cool with this edit and the way it shows up the different textures and the details :)

I like the processing of your household item. It suits what look like old spoons. I'd have liked to have seen the right hand edge although perhaps it adds a bit of mystery?

I like the processing of your household item. It suits what look like old spoons. I'd have liked to have seen the right hand edge although perhaps it adds a bit of mystery?
Love the left spoon, but would like to see what's going on in the highlight on the RHS.

Thanks for looking the right hand edge was really exciting too pity it’s gone :LOL:

just wondering now how many people will bring that up :thinking:

Back