Allan.H 52 2020 WEEK 52 DECOR(ATE) added

Liquid: Absolutely Amazing. Love it.

Household: Fantastic processing and detail.

Overall. Two great bits of work!

A good abstracty looking image. The processing really does give an interesting feel, making the textures standout.

Lovely image for household.. the processing creates a aged, hand-etched feel. Like this a lot.

Great idea, nicely processed Allan.

Nice spoons shot - good to see some effort put in to a shot. Lovely contrasty image!

Great high key spoons. I would agree that a hint of a right hand edge would have improved this further.

I like the way you've processed this (it's something I want to experiment with more - was this done just in LR/C1 or was it finished in PS?). An interesting image for the theme.

Love the high structure gritty processing.
Great high key spoons. I would agree that a hint of a right hand edge would have improved this further.
I like the way you've processed this (it's something I want to experiment with more - was this done just in LR/C1 or was it finished in PS?). An interesting image for the theme.
capture1/silver fx though can’t remember the preset I used
Household items - lovely image Allan I like the processing.
Thanks all

Wet Plate effect Allan maybe?
I'm guessing the shot was taken with that type of processing in mind, it works well for subject, giving it that something extra, rather than just being a study of the spoons.

Wet Plate effect Allan maybe?
I'm guessing the shot was taken with that type of processing in mind, it works well for subject, giving it that something extra, rather than just being a study of the spoons.

Not wet plate I have just had a look again at silver FX but I really don't know,
to be fair I was just trying to make a picture of a pair of spoons less boring than the original shot I had,
I knew I wanted it to be very contrasty because of the tarnishing of the spoons and the wooden surface they were on
I'm very inconsistent processing wise and should sometimes save what I've done as presets in PS/LR :facepalm:

Great image for Household Allan. Love the simple composition and the great processing.

Thanks Lee

WEEK 23 HIDDEN

Box by Allan Howe, on Flickr

sorry If it causes any confusion especially the comments underneath but have removed the other pic It’s still on Flickr but have decided to stick with this one

Last edited:
Not wet plate I have just had a look again at silver FX but I really don't know,
to be fair I was just trying to make a picture of a pair of spoons less boring than the original shot I had,
I knew I wanted it to be very contrasty because of the tarnishing of the spoons and the wooden surface they were on
I'm very inconsistent processing wise and should sometimes save what I've done as presets in PS/LR
I wasn't sure if it was a wet plate effect, thus checking.
You certainly succeeded in adding interest to the shot (as you say, a simple snap of the spoons would have been boring).
I certainly liked the image :)

#1 for me, the box. Similar processing to the spoons last week? certainly has a similar feel.
I don't think #2 really works. It fits the theme, but the paving part of the camouflage doesn't quite fit the floor.

#1 for me, the box. Similar processing to the spoons last week? certainly has a similar feel.
I don't think #2 really works. It fits the theme, but the paving part of the camouflage doesn't quite fit the floor.
I don't think the 2nd one works either But I have to ask why do you think the paving doesn’t fit the floor
The processing on the box was just to keep it dark I didn’t want what was in the box to be to obvious

Clever processing on #2
But I prefer dark and mysterious #1, again, nicely processed , Allan

It's the way the bottom of the paving doesn't fit on an obvious horizontal line - I know that's daft, but it just doesn't work for me.
The join on ht e rhs isn't straight either (and maybe that is enough to just make it jar slightly).
I told her to hold the board straight, useless she is :LOL:

Reactions: LC2
Thanks, I thought the doll might freak people out a bit
Not at all, its not as though its a clown in a drain with a balloon :D

Very clever Allan I really like it although its a little creepy. Very nicely processed.

Nicely lit and shot.. takes a short time to notice the "creepy" eyes. Love the texture of the box.

Back