Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

I like the cross but I still can't quite work out what it is.
Nope, I'm being a bit dim. Routine, gizza clue :)

Cheers.

Ok an explanation, religion is a routine for some, thats pretty much how I thought people would see it,
also its routine for me I work for Chester Cathedral so I go to church 5 days a week which isn't bad for a devout atheist, but I wouldn't expect anyone to know that.
The object is a holy water container no idea what they are actually called, I just liked the textures in it.

Thanks for looking

So I was half right ... thinking along the lines of Hatch, Match, Dispatch (christenings, weddings, funerals) routine.

Whatever, I like it ... texture, focus, pov.

So I was half right ... thinking along the lines of Hatch, Match, Dispatch (christenings, weddings, funerals) routine.

Whatever, I like it ... texture, focus, pov.
Never heard the expression Hatch, Match, Dispatch, I like it.

nice shot for Routine, love the extreme angle and mono, i was going to dip into a church for a christening party was going on, but the ravens outside seemed to be an Omen i cant shrug off...

nice shot for Routine, love the extreme angle and mono, i was going to dip into a church for a christening party was going on, but the ravens outside seemed to be an Omen i cant shrug off...
Don't tell anyone but its actually in colour, the ravens will get you in the end

Hi Allan,

Structure - The bamboo works well in two ways. (1) in that you've captured the structure of the plant well and (2) that it's oft used in structures. It does work well silhouetted.

Routine - I was being dim too, regarding why the font (I assume it's a font) and the cross were routine, get it now.
Great texture captured and that's an unusual POV, which adds interest. It's a bit more than a Dutch angle. Maybe Latvian ;)

Hi Allan,

Structure - The bamboo works well in two ways. (1) in that you've captured the structure of the plant well and (2) that it's oft used in structures. It does work well silhouetted.

Routine - I was being dim too, regarding why the font (I assume it's a font) and the cross were routine, get it now.
Great texture captured and that's an unusual POV, which adds interest. It's a bit more than a Dutch angle. Maybe Latvian ;)
Thanks for looking in it isn't a font its A very small holy water container something that would hang on a wall

structure - very minimalist, wonderful silhouette. real nice
routine - the colours make this photo feel dark and oppressive given the subject matter (holy water). i think it's a really clever composition, one of those photos where it's hard to tell what it actually is but you admire it anyway, especially the detail in the metal (or stone?)

Thanks for the explanation, I think it helps to lay out your idea with a shot so we can see why you did it and how. Religion was my obvious thought and it's a nice subtle way of showing how it is a routine in many peoples lives. I've only been once to the Cathedral on a school trip many many many years ago.

(y)

structure - very minimalist, wonderful silhouette. real nice
routine - the colours make this photo feel dark and oppressive given the subject matter (holy water). i think it's a really clever composition, one of those photos where it's hard to tell what it actually is but you admire it anyway, especially the detail in the metal (or stone?)

Its metal thanks for looking in

Great composition and an image which makes me wonder. I like pictures that get me thinking about stuff so well done :)

Thanks

Thanks for the explanation, I think it helps to lay out your idea with a shot so we can see why you did it and how. Religion was my obvious thought and it's a nice subtle way of showing how it is a routine in many peoples lives. I've only been once to the Cathedral on a school trip many many many years ago.

(y)

Sometimes I think it would be good for people to think about the picture rather than having it explained from the off, your first thought was religion and you were of course right, this one was maybe a little difficult to understand so I provided the explanation, glad you liked it

Good choice Allan ...I like the angle and the focus ...it has a rather unearthly feel to it.

Thanks Susie

Sometimes I think it would be good for people to think about the picture rather than having it explained from the off, your first thought was religion and you were of course right, this one was maybe a little difficult to understand so I provided the explanation, glad you liked it
I do agree with having an opportunity to view an image first which I do on the image only thread. I never look at any submissions until I have done mine and then go through the image only posts then follow the links.

Another catch up. Here it comes....

Mineral: I'm on the fence about it. No arguments re: meeting the theme (I can't bear to overthink it tbh), but the white on white bothers me. I keep on thinking I like it then sway to disliking it. I do like the fact it made me look at it as an image for longer than I generally would and if I'm honest, how can that be a bad thing?
Whole: Another white background. This time, nailed it (or should that be 'stapled it'?). Just love the BG, colours, idea, sharpness, execution in general is brilliant. Well done.
Structure: Another love/hate thing for me. Not for me in terms of subject, but there's no arguing with the execution. Great contrast and sharper than a sharp thing. The negative space works well, too.
Routine: Great texture and detail in the foreground, the cross finishes the BG off nicely and is just OOF enough not to take the eye away from the FG.

Cheers

Ian

I'm really like structure. Simplistic and effective.
Good idea for Routine.

Like others have said, it's a nice shot with nice tones, tho I couldn't work out the connection either so I'm glad you added the explanation.

That's a really eye catching angle. Textures are great, even in the oof stone and the muted tones work really well. I like it a lot.

Thanks Emma its oof metal though

Another catch up. Here it comes....

Mineral: I'm on the fence about it. No arguments re: meeting the theme (I can't bear to overthink it tbh), but the white on white bothers me. I keep on thinking I like it then sway to disliking it. I do like the fact it made me look at it as an image for longer than I generally would and if I'm honest, how can that be a bad thing?
Whole: Another white background. This time, nailed it (or should that be 'stapled it'?). Just love the BG, colours, idea, sharpness, execution in general is brilliant. Well done.
Structure: Another love/hate thing for me. Not for me in terms of subject, but there's no arguing with the execution. Great contrast and sharper than a sharp thing. The negative space works well, too.
Routine: Great texture and detail in the foreground, the cross finishes the BG off nicely and is just OOF enough not to take the eye away from the FG.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks for looking in

I'm really like structure. Simplistic and effective.
Good idea for Routine.

Thanks

Like others have said, it's a nice shot with nice tones, tho I couldn't work out the connection either so I'm glad you added the explanation.

Thanks

Another intersting take from you Allan. My first though was the Christian routine of Christening because it looks like a metal font. Great pov and I like the oof cross too.

Another intersting take from you Allan. My first though was the Christian routine of Christening because it looks like a metal font. Great pov and I like the oof cross too.

thanks its kind of a font I suppose, its a small metal thing you hang on the wall to bless yourself before entering the scary world outside :angelic:

Damn, you beat me to it! Just checked in on the way back from the cathedral on the bus. Oh well.

Both are good ideas. I think i prefer the mono for its lower point of view.

Both are good ideas. I think i prefer the mono for its lower point of view.
Numbers has got to be the mono shot, love the looking up of it, looks really good in mono as it gives it the edge :)

That's interesting the second one would be my choice, I included the other one as it has more context as to what it is, thanks for liking the black and white one didn't think anyone would

#1 for me. Lovely muted colours. Slightly different angle maybe to move the lower left flowers.

I bet you could do a whole TP52 in a church

Cheers.

Well I prefer the first one Allan. It's a more interesting shot and gives the whole thing a context.

Thank you
#1 for me. Lovely muted colours. Slightly different angle maybe to move the lower left flowers.

I bet you could do a whole TP52 in a church

Cheers.

There are so many distractions in the BG whatever angle you shoot from I agree about the flowers, I have been tempted to do a lot of the 52 in there, might get a tad tedious not only for everyone here but for me also

Thanks

Hmmmmm choices !!!

I like the composition of the colour version, but the background is a bit too strong maybe, still great colours, so... the B & W, again good composition, I like the closer in numbers, so the conversion takes it for me (y)
Thanks I agree :)

#1 is really nice ... colour, texture, big picture, perfect dof. (y)

Back