Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

That put the kibosh on my first idea as no way would it have been as interesting as yours. Lovely Dark shot (y)

Thanks nice of you to say

Dark on dark and spot on ...nice one Allan, how can you not eat it, it's delicious ...and good for you ...so they say!

Who are "they" , they are very wrong its the devils chocolate

Not a fan of dark chocolate but you have used it to good effect. Not easy to do a dark subject on a dark background but the chocolate stands out well with the lighting.

Without reading your description, I just knew that was gong to be one of those pieces of "art" that make a racket in the wind ;)
That is a pretty cool picture Allan. If I was going to be picky I could perhaps make a comment about the blown highlights at the top, but that's really the only thing I could mention.
I do really like the way you've captured the clouds under and to the left of your singing tree.

Without reading your description, I just knew that was gong to be one of those pieces of "art" that make a racket in the wind ;)
That is a pretty cool picture Allan. If I was going to be picky I could perhaps make a comment about the blown highlights at the top, but that's really the only thing I could mention.
I do really like the way you've captured the clouds under and to the left of your singing tree.

Thanks Tim never noticed the blown highlights but thank you for pointing it out will go and have a look at the original raw file and see if it was my processing that's the issue, I did have to lift the shadows/exposure a bit to get any definition on the tree

Great picture! There's just enough structure in the clouds for the sculpture to really stand out. (y)

Yes interesting structure, interesting sky ... crop seems a little tight especially at the bottom.

I didn't know it sings/rings, I thought it's an arty sculpture that mimics a windblown (Power) tree. Image wise, I like the menacing sky.

It does mimic the shape indeed, but its made of scaffold tubes some of them are open both ends some closed at at one end with a slit, I think its something you could visit everyday and get different sounds from depending on the winds direction and force

Beautiful photo! Very sharp and great detail, truly attractive!

Power - would love to go and see that sometime, looks impressive.and you've got good detail in the "tree". Like the moody sky as well.

Reshoot - lovely shot of the chaffinch and love the light in it's eye. I find the background a little bright but like the fact that it's clean and not distracting which can be hard with wild birds.

Oh that's beautiful Allan! I love the soft background and the eye is so sharp. The wood on the table looks like it's almost undulating - gives it a really nice effect. He looks like he's deep in thought ;)

He was after my cheese toastie

Attractive, I am loving this cracking Chaffinch and yes imo it is attractive. Nice little catch light in the eye, good detail and like the texture in the wood (y)(y)
Thanks Dave

Beautiful photo! Very sharp and great detail, truly attractive!

Thank you
Power - would love to go and see that sometime, looks impressive.and you've got good detail in the "tree". Like the moody sky as well.

Reshoot - lovely shot of the chaffinch and love the light in it's eye. I find the background a little bright but like the fact that it's clean and not distracting which can be hard with wild birds.

Thank you

Power, cracking structure, looks great with the background including a few turbines hiding away.

Reshoot, very sharp, lots of detail and a little twinkle in it's eye.

(y)

Great photo from above, lots of detail, and great to see a shot on film here!

Attractive ... stretching it a bit. You know they eat them in some EU countries. They must find them attractive. Anyway, super image .. detail and DoF. (y)

Above ... top shot. Grainy all over with great bg people detail. (y)

Back