Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

Hold, a nice shot showing the bloke holding his other half, a good shot but might of been an idea to clone out the light on the RHS :)

i don't think thats possible Dave, not with my skills, thanks :)

Very nice, a gentleman holding his girlfriend, very tender.:) I expect there will be a lot of holding hands photos for this theme.

Hi Allan,

Above - Quite a gritty feel, film grain is so much nicer than digital noise isn't it...
I like how you have been able to get perfectly central above the road , which itself seems perfectly straight.
Evolved - Made me smile that did Allan. Bang on theme and really well executed (I don't mind the date stamp). There's been quite a lot of B&W in your 52 this year.
Hold - More film eh? Good use of leading lines which actually lead you to a subject :) I also like the way that if you continue on, the line takes you to a flag pole which is bang on along the line. Not only all that, but it sells the theme too.

Very nice, a gentleman holding his girlfriend, very tender.:) I expect there will be a lot of holding hands photos for this theme.

Thank you Shirley

Good choice Allan, I like the composition, it has a nice relaxed feel to it, well done with the film and developing, it must be a real sense of achievement when it works well like this one.

Thanks Susie

Hi Allan,

Above - Quite a gritty feel, film grain is so much nicer than digital noise isn't it...
I like how you have been able to get perfectly central above the road , which itself seems perfectly straight.
Evolved - Made me smile that did Allan. Bang on theme and really well executed (I don't mind the date stamp). There's been quite a lot of B&W in your 52 this year.
Hold - More film eh? Good use of leading lines which actually lead you to a subject :) I also like the way that if you continue on, the line takes you to a flag pole which is bang on along the line. Not only all that, but it sells the theme too.

Thanks for the catch up, its almost half and half in the black and white/colour ratio

Lots of interesting shots since my last visit to your thread
I really like the Chaffinch for your reshoot
Attractive is very clever and thought provoking but does not fit the theme for me
I like your original hold shot but agree the cropped version is better

The crop has now made it a cracker imo (y)

Thanks

Lots of interesting shots since my last visit to your thread
I really like the Chaffinch for your reshoot
Attractive is very clever and thought provoking but does not fit the theme for me
I like your original hold shot but agree the cropped version is better

I am sure it didn't fit the theme for most people, no worries, thanks for looking in

Street, good, liking your trademark grainy mono too. Leading path is good but (not a wind up honest) I'd like to see the sky cropped out completely.

Lovely shot for Hold, Allan, especially the cropped version. Strong leading lines and a nice tender hold, and B&W removes any distractions and lets the eye settle immediately on the contact between the couple (y)

Thanks

Street, good, liking your trademark grainy mono too. Leading path is good but (not a wind up honest) I'd like to see the sky cropped out completely.

Trust you, thanks for looking

Love the crop Allan, it seems better balanced now with the eye drawn to the couple. Well spotted (y) and the processing really works.

Definitely on theme. It's a good b/w image showing human interaction.

Good colours, it really stands out from the background. Shame it's early in the year, it would have been great to see the flowers that give this plant it name.

Great detail and such a vibrant colour! I thought it was selective colour at first - what did you photograph it against? I wonder if a central composition with space above would have worked too?
It was photographed against a piece of black card with some smoke from a e cigarette blown into the frame all very high tech, will have a look at the raw file I know its a slight crop not quite sure how much of a crop it is

Very clever Allan. Impressive to have a subject that far away from smoke, yet be bang on theme and to include smoke in a very subtle way. Liking the way the back lighting had given the leaf such vibrant colour.

Very clever Allan. Impressive to have a subject that far away from smoke, yet be bang on theme and to include smoke in a very subtle way. Liking the way the back lighting had given the leaf such vibrant colour.
thanks

Very clever idea, and the execution is spot on!

Back