Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

I like the contrast in the shot, but Im not convinced by the off centre compo for some reason.

What a great find Allan, I've never heard of a Smoke bush but I googled it and I guess I've seen them but not known the name. Love the vibrant colour and the detail in the leaf.....excellent for the theme.

Thanks Susie

I like the contrast in the shot, but Im not convinced by the off centre compo for some reason.

I agree about the off centre compo, thanks for looking in

Very nice, I could hang that on the wall, I like the offset composition that stops them looking like eyes, great colours and details

Vivid, now this shot I do like. High key Vivid shot of the Osteopermum, love the petal outlines and great main focus on the bright vivid heads, well done on a great shot imo :plus1:
Very nice, I could hang that on the wall, I like the offset composition that stops them looking like eyes, great colours and details
Love it. :clap: Superb tonal quality and excellent colour processing. Just my opioion, I would clone out the stem in the right.
Thank you, its not a stem its part of the underneath of the flower head, I did deliberate about trying to clone it out but apathy got the better of me

I do like that. I like the 2 flower heads. The centres stand out beautifully against the white, great details too:D

Oh very nice Allan. Loving the silky white petals and how they emphasise the colour & detail in the centre.

Very vivid Allan. How did you get the white petals matching the background? Is it back lighting or something?

Its use of exposure compensation and upping the whites slightly in PP it was shot outside slightly overcast but bright sky which helps

Last edited:
Reactions: LC2
Great shot, I'm not sure if it entirely fits the brief, after all flies are rather small. But great focus and the B&W conversion works a treat!

It's a fly - yuck, but nice macro shot anyhow. Large is relative to your perspective, so definitely on theme.

Good focus on the eyes and they are certainly large compared to the rest of the fly. I'm not so sure on the B&W, I'd be interested to see what it looked like in colour.

Good focus on the eyes and they are certainly large compared to the rest of the fly. I'm not so sure on the B&W, I'd be interested to see what it looked like in colour.
Thanks will have a look for the colour version

Back