Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

You've really captured the smoothness of the snake, spot on focus with good details and colours

Amazing snake detail ... looks caramelised.

(.... would be good to see the original so corresponding comments have some meaning).

You've really captured the smoothness of the snake, spot on focus with good details and colours

Thanks

Amazing snake detail ... looks caramelised.

(.... would be good to see the original so corresponding comments have some meaning).

Thanks d00d i should have kept the original up but seemed pointless as I just cloned out a piece of wood that was distracting

Great colour and skin texture. Nice one (y)

Great colour and skin texture. Nice one (y)

Thanks

Hmmmm smooth to those that hold one, yet not so for the actual scales that pull it along (that's not a criticism of the link, but a real question) ?? - a beautifully lit image Allan, the snake stands out perfectly (y)

They are very smooth, the scales don't actually pull them along it's more muscular you are right though smooth skin one way the other way not nice at all

I didn't see the original Allan, but I do like this one. The vibrancy of the colours of snake contrast well with the matt of the branch. How was it lit? It has another of your trademark black backgrounds, but surely this wasn't a set up at home?

By the way, how much did you have to pay @Cobra to pose?

What a beauty - the skin colour looks so rich against the dark background and very nicely composed (y)

Thanks Emma

I didn't see the original Allan, but I do like this one. The vibrancy of the colours of snake contrast well with the matt of the branch. How was it lit? It has another of your trademark black backgrounds, but surely this wasn't a set up at home?

By the way, how much did you have to pay @Cobra to pose?

The original had a piece of the wood just below the snakes head it was a tad bright so a little distracting,

@Cobra will do anything for a defrosted mouse but he's a bit of a prima donna when it comes to photographs he can't stand anything that might distract from himself :rolleyes: :kiss:

It was produced on the kitchen worktop with some black card, 2 flashguns and a piece of wood from the vivarium, there is nothing high tech in our house.

Last edited:
Just a superb shot to me, nothing else I can say!

Covered all the bases then Allan ha ha. That's a great subject and an inspired choice if you're sure it's a mineral and not vegetable (else we may be sharing Shoehorn of the Week) . I like the detail, texture and subtle colouration rhs.

Last edited:
Covered all the bases then Allan ha ha. That's a great subject and an inspired choice if you're sure it's a mineral and not vegetable (else we may be sharing Shoehorn of the Week) . I like the detail, texture and subtle colouration rhs.

To be fair Carl its a vegetable but it contains minerals which is the theme this week so how can it be a shoehorn, I am sure the mineral police will be along soon, I await their visit :police:

Treading a thin line there Allan :) .... no wonder it's good for you. Brave choice with white on white but it works well.
What thin line would that be :D, thanks Susie

Looks like a bloody alien :)

Yeah, on theme ;)

Interesting object and nice detail where needed. White looks a little grey in places, but not easy getting a white BG and retaining shadow.

Cheers.

It is indeed a little grey, it was hard not to blow out the skin of the garlic with the flash had to settle for this

Haven't you got what they call blown highlights? Anyway it doesn't matter at least it's on theme. ;);););););)

Haven't you got what they call blown highlights? Anyway it doesn't matter at least it's on theme. ;);););););)
There might be 1 or 2 but checked it on the histogram and it was OK well the garlic was,
bang on theme I think you will find ;) :p

Great idea and well executed, I like the white on white. And fortunately nobody around here is a stickler for rules, so minerals in vegetables (as in water) are permitted...

Back