Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

Tempted to say somehting about a dog's dinner but it isn't it's a really well executed shot IMHO, I'm left a wondering a little about it's relationship to the theme but it's one of those theme that is too easy to over-think. BTW coffee beans might photograph better than dry tea?

Thanks and I am now kicking myself again why didn’t either the tea or coffee beans idea pass through my mind, oh well

Well done on a technically very good image, Allan. I'm another who's not sure about the rice in the cup, but this is a tricky theme and I like your thought process and especially the use of dog bones for the 'biscuits' part of the pairing. You've arranged and lit the props very well, too (y)

Well done on a technically very good image, Allan. I'm another who's not sure about the rice in the cup, but this is a tricky theme and I like your thought process and especially the use of dog bones for the 'biscuits' part of the pairing. You've arranged and lit the props very well, too (y)

Thanks

Great shot for the theme, well lit and composed. And I'm sure your dog will enjoy her dinner!

Heavy - A fun shot and perfect for the theme
Wet - Holly looks like shes found something good to catch, you have captured the moment well
Juxtaposition - I have no Idea if that fits the brief but is is certainly very well presented and an unusual image

Agree with all of this....

Guard - You were on the list for a comment on that but got missed. I'd never tangle with a Terrier. Great shot, good pov.
To make up for missing that
Heavy - Well squished Morph lookalike - made me smile
Abundance - Nicely lit and composed - good choice
Wet - I bet you were too when Holly had a good shake - like sparkle from water
Juxtaposition - Did not really get this without explanations

Nice shot for the theme

Guard - You were on the list for a comment on that but got missed. I'd never tangle with a Terrier. Great shot, good pov.
To make up for missing that
Heavy - Well squished Morph lookalike - made me smile
Abundance - Nicely lit and composed - good choice
Wet - I bet you were too when Holly had a good shake - like sparkle from water
Juxtaposition - Did not really get this without explanations
No worries on the commenting been a bit crap myself
Thanks for the catch up

Good find for oval Allan. I'm devoid of inspiration for this at the moment having used eggs last week.:banghead:

Wet
Got to live a dog shot, they just love water.

Juxtaposition
A good idea, well lit and simple.

Oval
I like the recession and brickwork.

Good find for oval Allan. I'm devoid of inspiration for this at the moment having used eggs last week.:banghead:

I had noticed the three egg pics on your thread it’s amazing how many times that happens with this 52, thanks for the comment

Wet
Got to live a dog shot, they just love water.

Juxtaposition
A good idea, well lit and simple.

Oval
I like the recession and brickwork.

Thanks

Love the Ovals :)

Hi Allan,

Wet - Nice shot, it may be my monitor, but I find it a bit dark. Could the shadows have been raised slightly? Or would that have ruined the effect you were after...

Juxtaposition - Made me smile. Amusing, and well taken whilst hitting the theme head on imo.

Oval - Nice find. Having architecture like that available (and knowing it's there), well, it shows how it pays to know your area as a photographer. Interesting choice to focus midway through the walls. I'd love to see what other variations you took.

Hi Allan,

Wet - Nice shot, it may be my monitor, but I find it a bit dark. Could the shadows have been raised slightly? Or would that have ruined the effect you were after...

Juxtaposition - Made me smile. Amusing, and well taken whilst hitting the theme head on imo.

Oval - Nice find. Having architecture like that available (and knowing it's there), well, it shows how it pays to know your area as a photographer. Interesting choice to focus midway through the walls. I'd love to see what other variations you took.
Wet I agree is a little dark quite low bright sun and shadows from the woodland so it was always going to be a difficult exposure, the only other version of oval I have is shot from the other end so the viewpoint was concrete and houses, I didn’t really want to spend to much time there as it’s very near the entrance of the sports centre which was quite busy

... thought it was shoppery, then googled Northgate Arena, and :clap: nice job.

I'm really struggling to find words this week. your oval shot is fine for the theme, I think it's the light but it feels a bit lacking in depth, which is obviously there, if that makes sense

Wet: I like it, lovely looking dog.
Juxtaposition: A nice clean shot which I admire.
Oval: look at this a bit and find it very good, looks like a hard shot to take perspective wise, but you nailed it.

Walter

... thought it was shoppery, then googled Northgate Arena, and :clap: nice job.

Thanks David
I'm really struggling to find words this week. your oval shot is fine for the theme, I think it's the light but it feels a bit lacking in depth, which is obviously there, if that makes sense

Yes I get that the ovals are spaced over about 20ft but they look quite compressed here definitely one to look at again when the light has changed

Wet: I like it, lovely looking dog.
Juxtaposition: A nice clean shot which I admire.
Oval: look at this a bit and find it very good, looks like a hard shot to take perspective wise, but you nailed it.

Walter
Thanks Walter

Wet I agree is a little dark quite low bright sun and shadows from the woodland so it was always going to be a difficult exposure, the only other version of oval I have is shot from the other end so the viewpoint was concrete and houses, I didn’t really want to spend to much time there as it’s very near the entrance of the sports centre which was quite busy
Wet was never going to be an easy shot to expose. I was wondering if anything could be done in post, but on reflection probably not.
With Oval, what I meant was did you have any other shots varying the DoF, or perhaps the angles from this side, not shooting from the other end. Totally agree that concrete and houses would not be the best view through the openings :)

Wet was never going to be an easy shot to expose. I was wondering if anything could be done in post, but on reflection probably not.
With Oval, what I meant was did you have any other shots varying the DoF, or perhaps the angles from this side, not shooting from the other end. Totally agree that concrete and houses would not be the best view through the openings :)
The dog picture has been lifted a little but the more I tried the more parts of the dogs white fur started to glow as for oval it was a quick rush in and out, to many children and parents about and there was me a middle aged man with a camera I am not quite ready to be run out of town yet :LOL:

Great shot, lots of ovals and I like them compressed as the are!

I'm still trying to catch up with everyones images....keep finding stuff I've missed.

Wet is a great shot of your dog, and perfect for the theme.
Juxtaposition doesn't really grab me; it looks like a product shot in terms of lighting and composition, not sure if you meant it that way?
Oval is great, I like that all the ovals are in focus (though the foreground one is slightly soft), and the lighting is great.

Wet - What a lovely image of Holly she is obvious really enjoying herself

Juxtaposition - Nicely set yup and lit

Oval - Really like that but I do wonder what is how it would look as a Mono image

I'm still trying to catch up with everyones images....keep finding stuff I've missed.

Wet is a great shot of your dog, and perfect for the theme.
Juxtaposition doesn't really grab me; it looks like a product shot in terms of lighting and composition, not sure if you meant it that way?
Oval is great, I like that all the ovals are in focus (though the foreground one is slightly soft), and the lighting is great.

Thanks re Juxtaposition yes it was meant to be a product type picture but I don't think it works in other ways as in content/context if you get what I mean
thanks for looking in

Wet - What a lovely image of Holly she is obvious really enjoying herself

Juxtaposition - Nicely set yup and lit

Oval - Really like that but I do wonder what is how it would look as a Mono image

I do have a conversion of it will have another look at it

Allan

Like the ovals, nice find.
It must have been difficult to get them all lined up, vertical alignment is a bit out, you should have jumped.:D

Pete

Allan

Like the ovals, nice find.
It must have been difficult to get them all lined up, vertical alignment is a bit out, you should have jumped.:D

Pete
Will try harder next time, thanks for looking in :)

Heavy - good fun image for the theme, nice crisp shot and a good clean BG.
Wet - another good image for the theme, looks like Holly was fixed on trying to find that pebble you had thrown in.
Juxtaposition - a very well executed image for the theme, I myself was wondering if there was a connection to the theme. I think i see a connection, and its nicely lit another good clean BG and good placement of the props.
Oval - a nice shot, though i think it would work better in mono and if there was a bit more symmetry in the ovals.

Back