Allan.H TP52 2018 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE ADDED

I like how you've processed this in mono - I think this gives more meaning to the photo. Definitely a thought provoking photo. :)

I agree, nice mono conversion, well framed with the tracks meeting the bottom corners

I love the way the tracks form an archway, nicely spotted if intentional/.

I love the way the tracks form an archway, nicely spotted if intentional/.
It’s a part of the line I pass quite a lot I have always liked their form but today was the first time I have taken a photo of them

It’s a part of the line I pass quite a lot I have always liked their form but today was the first time I have taken a photo of them

I know that feeling, theres a lovely little cottage I pass daily and never yet taken a pic of it.....

Nicely done Allan, looks good in black and white and very urban railway.
Can you get around 50% of your 2018 submissions based around the railway I wonder? ;)
I very much doubt it a rare incursion into your territory I think :whistle:

I think that mono works well with this as there's nothing obvious to date the scene.....a rarity when photographing today's travel infrastructure.

Bob

I like the pattern of the tracks and the PoV and the B/W really suits it.

Last edited:
I think that mono works well with this as there's nothing obvious to date the scene.....a rarity when photographing today's travel infrastructure.

Bob

Thanks Bob

Hi Allan ....here we go again :) good luck.

Perfect choice in the mono and love the angle .... must admit my first thought was LC2 :)

Here we go again..................:wacky: Thanks for looking in Susie :)

I like the pattern of the tracks and the PoV and the B/W really suits it.

Thank you

That's a nice shot, like all the four tracks leading to a vanishing point. The black and white treatment works well too. Only nit-pick for me is the blown sky.

you are hard to please I cut most of the sky from this, Thanks for looking in Stan

Good to see you back Allan. (y)

As train track pics go ... that's a good 'un. Fits the frame really nicely, with your trademark detailed B&W-ness

Your area
I like the framing (keeping most of that white sky out) and focusing attention to the tracks.

Good luck with your new 52, Allan, and you're off to a good start with this one. As others have already noted, it works well with the four lines converging in the far distance and meeting the bottom corners in the foreground, and I like the high POV and B&W conversion; I don't think a detailed scene like this would have the same impact in colour (y)

Very nicely compossed and processed Allan love the gritty feel the mono conversion gives the image.

Good luck with your 52 challange

Good luck with your new 52, Allan, and you're off to a good start with this one. As others have already noted, it works well with the four lines converging in the far distance and meeting the bottom corners in the foreground, and I like the high POV and B&W conversion; I don't think a detailed scene like this would have the same impact in colour (y)
Thanks

Nice shot, I like the symmetry of it and it looks good in mono too

I love the contrast between the wall and the gate

Back