Alligin, Torridon

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Yay....it's winter again! It's obviously not but you can dream. :)
One from this years winters visit to Torridon after an arduous ascent of Alligin. Not a shred of light present on the day to illuminate the landscape so mono was a natural choice.

Alligin Talk.JPG

I'm liking this one.

Just trying to get my bearings though.

Looking East towards Beinn Eighe (most distant) with Liathach out of shot to the right ?

The only thing I might do (not a criticism though) is boost the contrast in the immediate foreground to separate it from the rest of the shot to create greater depth.

Last edited:
I'm liking this one.

Just trying to get my bearings though.

Looking East towards Beinn Eighe (most distant) with Liathach out of shot to the right ?

The only thing I might do (not a criticism though) is boost the contrast in the immediate foreground to separate it from the rest of the shot to create greater depth.
You're spot on with location and hill ID.
I was incredibly lazy processing this, applied two personal presets and was done. Usually spend much longer on a picture adding some brush work here and there so returned to the picture concentrating on the foreground as suggested. Cheers.

That's Lovely! I really like that the snow picks out all the strata in the mountains, fascinating to look at. Same with the profiles of the rock in the immediate foreground, the natural world is beautiful.
Is it mountains behind causing the flair in the clouds.
Its a great capture Scott and well worth the clime IMHO.

I'm hoping to tour Scotland if I get the chance to retire early and spend as much time as it takes to appreciate the landscape, but you keep on adding venues to my list(y)

Back