Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Been wanting this shot for a while, but not 100% happy with the final product. Cant seem to pull out the details in the trees enough for my liking. Would be grateful for all your thoughts though! :)

r9JcHLDtjmeaLDOIoDeo4b3CyQ21eyUGg4rlVQvVEpsAKOSjBkR3-LC6ZLu00u-b5KW0hYzEQO-hfeolwCN7vYd70f20cmm4QjxqdEwWXrjorSemcXyhQE4c3gHJA-dJtJ9S4vi74LaWSJQDa-du-tUAkRpkR0RifXbb9wYbu3MBVTgjCxASeP898H24rftFuL-6agKHb-GQQzmn_I9RjrfvVA55cTAIPWNMVqCV729uFjXyCasDHIjWzQRtujRF2-lFEeCsNcukyGzzTa7GGTpqn_h-WR4lyJRr_KLZdm_XzODmEYLeaA-JmfdB0101Nx7FLyuTMdrrtPj4V41pH13CxRwV-grWpXj7G4cgIDuC84MLdnVpwhYoRxYVcXxFZDlJNksqW-_5HygeEFvT1QaSO6aKv18RT6sbrF8XtzyT4Tl_kRB5KUN-96vPUExTf_zmZBMTK_es3x1nEJ-LJFMWm85bNvMq2Of7T21cFg4BHMOcukhjgIVVSfUsb8jhsL3GnFRKuqEtGjzw3pqHYFzhE0LbuW0K-Gypm74cl4fscvOFdCZct38jLU2nLhj3J-kGJ8s9GZcqvHBFiWDosPkN0KUtr4S9JWZIRvRCEFdO1hLocnFf=w903-h638-no

The problem for me with this photo is that it's compositionally uncomfy. The houses on the RHS don't sit well with the rest of the image, looking like you failed to compose the image without them, but aren't strong enough in the frame to actually be a meaningful part of the image, and it looks like you tried to (badly) dodge the post in. On the good side, the angled gaps in the fence and the straight trunks of the trees make a good contrast, and the density of the sky is good. The textures of the creepers/weeds around the fence look good to me. I don't think you need more detail in the trees, since they provide a strong element as a single block instead of being individual trees, and the mistiness around the trunks works to add a sense of mystery.

I hope that's useful.

Last edited:
The problem for me with this photo is that it's compositionally uncomfy. The houses on the RHS don't sit well with the rest of the image, looking like you failed to compose the image without them, but aren't strong enough in the frame to actually be a meaningful part of the image, and it looks like you tried to (badly) dodge the post in. On the good side, the angled gaps in the fence and the straight trunks of the trees make a good contrast, and the density of the sky is good. The textures of the creepers/weeds around the fence look good to me. I don't think you need more detail in the trees, since they provide a strong element as a single block instead of being individual trees, and the mistiness around the trunks works to add a sense of mystery.

I hope that's useful.
Thanks, I wanted the houses in to help tell the story of this land once belonging to them, but couldn't get them in fully without sacrificing the angle on the treeline.

I get what you're saying though, and I'm grateful for your comments and feedback.

You're right about the post, a little heavy handed it seems!!

All a learning process!

Thanks, I wanted the houses in to help tell the story of this land once belonging to them, but couldn't get them in fully without sacrificing the angle on the treeline.

I get what you're saying though, and I'm grateful for your comments and feedback.

You're right about the post, a little heavy handed it seems!!

All a learning process!

If it helps, the problem with the post was that the dodging was a little too strong either side and also seemed to go up into the fence plus houses & tree above it. I'm sure you were trying to separate it from the background.

If it helps, the problem with the post was that the dodging was a little too strong either side and also seemed to go up into the fence plus houses & tree above it. I'm sure you were trying to separate it from the background.
I just wanted it to stand out more, I've been a tad lazy there I think, and not zoomed in enough..., spilled over into surrounding areas.
Less density required too on the brush I guess!
Thankyou!

Back