Critique Along Cambrian Lines, Berwyn 2018

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I popped down to the Llangollen Railway yesterday. When I left home it was quite nice weather, but it got darker and wetter by the time I got there. As there's also a food festival going on, I opted to go straight to Berwyn and see what came past.

proc_IMGP1934. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

proc_IMGP1954. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

proc_IMGP1971. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

proc_IMGP1976. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

proc_IMGP2031. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

proc_IMGP2034 by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

I was hoping to get some brighter autumn colours, but overall it was quite a dull day, which I think comes across from the images. I could maybe push the lightness a bit more, but I've already lightened them more than I usually would. It was certainly a lot wetter, and the river much higher and faster-flowing than when I was there back in June.

Any comments or critique welcome.

They are all under-exposed, at least they are on my screen.

I'm not sure what software you're using but its the exposure value needs to be corrected, not lightness or brightness or anything else!.

Having done that to your satisfaction, you may then need to turn the highlights down as the steam may blow out. (strange turn of phrase there but I can't think of another one.........)

I think No 1 is definitely worth putting some in to.

Thanks, I'll have a play with that. It was quite a dark afternoon, but perhaps not quite as dark as they look. I'm using RawTherapee, but I'm on quite an old version because I built the machine in 32-bit and they're not updating that version any more. I'll have a go and see what I can do.

Back