drodd

Also loves to mass debate
Name
Dawn
Edit My Images
No
Hiya,

Thanks for your critique.

They are a bit OTT, I was playing around with the shots to try to create a bit of a pointillist impression.

Cheers

Dawn :)

I agree with the above HDR comments, but I do like the compositions.

I would like to see no2 properly done, don't like either as they are.

I agree with the above HDR comments, but I do like the compositions.

Thanks Rob, guess these are not to everybody's liking, but heyho, I like them :D

I would like to see no2 properly done, don't like either as they are.

Not sure what you mean by "properly done" Philip.

I live very near to there and have to say gettin clean shots can be hard the hdr is a lil ott try some softers effects and post them likin the smooth water ... wish had more time to get there more often ... did you also get some lakeside?

I live very near to there and have to say gettin clean shots can be hard the hdr is a lil ott try some softers effects and post them likin the smooth water ... wish had more time to get there more often ... did you also get some lakeside?

Hiya Mark,

Oh how lucky you are to live in the area, I am so envious as I absolutely love the Lakes area. It is like a sanctuary for me.

You are correct about trying to get clean shots, I must have taken hundreds of this area alone. Having to contend with the slippy rocks is enough .... I slipped a number of times and at one stage thought I had broke my camera as it hit the rocks, but thankfully it was okay.

HDR is not a style of processing I generally use, but on the odd occasion try my hand at it. It is a technique, that I guess is one of personal preference, as there are so many adjustments one can make from subtle to harsh. I guess it is about finding a balance.

I did take some photos of the lakeside, actually spent hours along the shore at sunrise.

Thanks for popping past to comment.

Cheers

Dawn :)

OK, you like them so (y)

That's the main part.

For me, echoing others comments above... they have been "spinal tapped" - i.e. dials turned up to 11.

It looks CGI now which is not really the intention of HDR. A more subtle treatment can be found here..

However, if at the end of the day you are pleased with such a style and look who am I to say, it is wrong on so many levels.

Back